Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Change UK: Chuka Umunna resigns from Labour party and launches Independent Group

I not sure gains as such, many of the MP"s that split will lose their seats.. But I think they could take others say assuming Kate Joey keeps her candidacy who does a hunt sabing pro EU Labour voter in her constuency vote for (shall find out Saturday) The dynamics on the fissure on that side are different but still in play.

The biggest draw backs to new parties are funding (and I suspect this mob have easy access to cash (as WS Burroughs advised "watch whose money you pick up") And media coverage the formula for that, based on previous votes, screws them - but social media is a bigger thing these days, and while it won't be enough to help dissemi ate their message its a strong enough platform for them to get over how heavily the deck is stacked, which helps them
Hoey increased her majority since brexit. She is not getting taken out by anyone - except maybe labour members. Madness.

Is there some reason why someone from bristol can't do the basic thought required? You are not in vauxhaull either - and you can? Odd post. Here's the figures for all to see.
It's not an odd post. What I am saying is what is it three years of watching the political class demonstrate that it doesn't know one end of a telescope from another - locallized weather conditions are going to be a bigger factor than people think

It's not an odd post. What I am saying is what is it three years of watching the political class demonstrate that it doesn't know one end of a telescope from another - locallized weather conditions are going to be a bigger factor than people think

Nah. She's got a massive majority, and most of those are not going to suddenly turn libdem or tinge just because of brexit. They will vote for her because she is labour. They will mostly have heard of her, at least, which is more than you can say for many mps. Looking her up, she nominated John McDonnell for the leadership in 2010. She's no new labour stooge - my guess is that many voters will quite like her.

Nah. She's got a massive majority, and most of those are not going to suddenly turn libdem or tinge just because of brexit. They will vote for her because she is labour. They will mostly have heard of her, at least, which is more than you can say for many mps. Looking her up, she nominated John McDonnell for the leadership in 2010. She's no new labour stooge - my guess is that many voters will quite like her.
The schism in the Labour party is a different fish, on EUrope ain't nothing so bad a song round the piano of the coach and Horses can't hold together, but the Labour/ New Labour thing that's ripe, and Brixton "s a bit gentrified these days ain't it.

Think some will have a go at deselection

The schism in the Labour party is a different fish, on EUrope ain't nothing so bad a song round the piano of the coach and Horses can't hold together, but the Labour/ New Labour thing that's ripe, and Brixton "s a bit gentrified these days ain't it.
Bit like Islington since Corbyn has been an MP? Surely a big chunk of the new people will want a radical MP? I'd be amazed if Hoey were deselected, and even more amazed if she didn't keep most if not all of her majority at the next election.

Despite being very strongly remain, Labour's London seats are not about to be gobbled up by some new 'centrist' remain group. In terms of getting into power, that's not Labour's problem, mind you - far more of a problem I would have thought in leave areas such as the Black Country.

Bit like Islington since Corbyn has been an MP? Surely a big chunk of the new people will want a radical MP? I'd be amazed if Hoey were deselected, and even more amazed if she didn't keep most if not all of her majority at the next election.

She's already had a vote of no confidence and if any Labour MP gets deselected it will surely be her. What happens after that is anyone's guess - she could keep the seat as an independent, especially as the worst sort of people linked to Progress would flock to what they think is a safe seat.

She's already had a vote of no confidence and if any Labour MP gets deselected it will surely be her. What happens after that is anyone's guess - she could keep the seat as an independent, especially as the worst sort of people linked to Progress would flock to what they think is a safe seat.
Is that the one that happened last year?

She's been a bit odd recently in her voting - voted against May's deal last time it was up, having previously voted for it.

I'm currently in North East Hants - largest tory majority in the Commons, voted 52% remain, with a staunch ERG supporting MP , to the point local UKIIP dissolved itself. The council is NOC, but thats purely because the Lib Dems in the largest town here grasped it is a tainted brand and stood as a rebranded NIMBY group.
Labour don't get a look in.. Ummuna/Soubry lot potentially could shake up local politics here more than anything else in decades.

To be honest, I've got a feeling that, if anything they will split the Tory vote and not the Labour vote.

So...it's official; ChUK it is!

Change UK has been formally registered as a political party, allowing the new centrist movement founded by former Labour and Tory MPs to field candidates for the European elections.

The group, led by former Conservative Heidi Allen, has received more than 3,700 expressions of interest in being a candidate in the European elections and is polling around 4%-7% for the contest, meaning it could win MEPs.

Bet Gavin's excited.

upload_2019-4-16_13-21-46.png

The Commission - which is responsible for overseeing elections in the UK - rejected the group's proposed emblem, however, which was a black square with white writing, saying: "TIG #Change."

A spokeswoman from the Commission said: "The emblem contained a hashtag, and we cannot assess the material linked to a hashtag, which will change over time, against the legal tests.
Change UK approved for European elections

zz2.png

Fucking hell, that's the best they could come up with. :facepalm: :D

webANXwoollyandtiggen.jpg

Back
Top Bottom