Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Change UK: Chuka Umunna resigns from Labour party and launches Independent Group

So Chuka can't even gain the leadership of a party he expressly set up so he could be leader. Excellent. :D
Asked how this was decided, Allen said "without any arguments or fighting", which seemed a slightly odd thing to offer unprompted... :hmm:

She also explcitly mentioned Umunna as spokesperson, "him coming from Labour, and then me coming from the Tories...".

Asked how this was decided, Allen said "without any arguments or fighting", which seemed a slightly odd thing to offer unprompted... :hmm:

She also explcitly mentioned Umunna as spokesperson, "him coming from Labour, and then me coming from the Tories...".

Good to see 'he knows his place' I suppose :facepalm:

It does make me laugh, since they seem to have come into existence because they dont like the changes that have happened to the mainstream of politics since the peak days of neo-liBlairism.

If they run into problems with the name then maybe they could consider Small Change instead.

How’s that hopey changey thing working out for y’all?

Sad thing is that the BBC/Guardian will be right up their arse the whole way, as a means to fuck over Labour. I did predict a few weeks ago that the EU elections would be their thing, one chance to make an impact while there’s still some interest. Hope they fall on their arses.

How did the tigs vote in the indicative vote? Did they do it as a group or did they vote differently to each other?

The way things are going in the tory party (highlighted by grieves de-selection) and the likely hood that the next leader will be an out and out brexiteer (or at least posing at one) id say the CHUKups are most likely to get any future defections from the social liberal/remain wing of the tory party.

And Labour remainer voters who dont like labour's brexit policy already have green or lib dem -(or welsh nats and SNP) to choose from. Given the policies and... er ..."personalities" in the tinge - i reckon they are more likely to take votes of remain orientated tory voters (although that is not a particularly large pool either).

I think they are already an irrelevance. Their shitty politics, their intention to vote with the government in a no-confidence motion - and to oppose a general election -plus their refusal to stand down and force by elections - will be hung round their necks by their opponents to expose them as unprincipled, narcissistic opportunists .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom