Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Change UK: Chuka Umunna resigns from Labour party and launches Independent Group

The new Opinium shows them taking chunks out of Labour and Lib Dems and sweet fuck all out of the the tories, even with the three tory defectors. Looks like they represent a current that just doesn't exist in the current tory electoral coalition - which gives them much less leverage than they'd hoped for...

Whining and dining the chuka way

article-0-02E1FE9C000005DC-350_468x396.jpg

At least he whines and dines with panache. He's the one politician you won't see awkwardly biting into a bacon sandwich.

Reactions: Sue
A handful of Blairite cunts and a couple of spineless Tories might sway the politically challenged but it will be interesting to see how the Tories cope without the easy budgets if more donors leave. For all the flaws of the Labour Party they are not reliant on a dozen big businesses.
Yes, the multi-hundred year party of capital will collapse and bourgeois rule with it if warburtons don't give them a few quid.

Yes, the multi-hundred year party of capital will collapse and bourgeois rule with it if warburtons don't give them a few quid.

The Tories'll subvert the raison d'etre of any capitalists that won't cough up. Davey the Pigman made that quite clear.

Last edited:
Nick Cohen reckons they're great, amazingly enough. Austin has a Black Country accent so is an authentic voice of the working class rather than someone with an accent. And so on.

It really is something designed to attract journalists.

I suspect journalists largely put them up to it, made them feel like heroes. I wonder how they would find life outside the bubble, if they dare set foot there.

Sunday tomorrow... Vaguely curious to see what sycophantry and attacks the Observer will have in it.
The new Opinium shows them taking chunks out of Labour and Lib Dems and sweet fuck all out of the the tories, even with the three tory defectors. Looks like they represent a current that just doesn't exist in the current tory electoral coalition - which gives them much less leverage than they'd hoped for...

Theyd probably be happy with that... Stopping Corbyn seems to be a higher calling for them.

So no big name (or any name for that matter) leaving in time to make a big splash in the Sunday papers? If you’re going to orchestrate a steady stream of resignations to keep the media interested it’s a no-brainier. Maybe this is all there is?

Be Monday morning again if there are any I would have thought. Could be hinted at/built tomorow. Alternatively that could be it for a while and more will threaten to walk and pressure Corbyn/May

They are definitely co-ordinating with others in Labour and Tories so there will be some more at some point I think.

So no big name (or any name for that matter) leaving in time to make a big splash in the Sunday papers? If you’re going to orchestrate a steady stream of resignations to keep the media interested it’s a no-brainier. Maybe this is all there is?

I think if they had any big names we'd know about it by now.

Back
Top Bottom