Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chancellor Rachel Reeves: Her Time Is Up!

Larry O'Hara

FALLINGDOWN-v2.jpeg

Now, I know full well that the Starmer govts economic policy has already been discussed, but thought Reeves deserves her own thread. Not least because the one constant in Starmer's world is treachery/dishonesty. Therefore, if/when discontent with the government's economic policy gets too great (and it's bubbling up nicely already) without a moments hesitation he will knife her, too, in the back and throw her overboard.

Please follow the link to a short anticipatory critique I wrote before the election: opinions welcome.

Then there is of course the superb little image above knocked up by a colleague: feel free to share far and wide!

In any case, the thread title should be ‘Rachel Reeves’ time is up’.
Where’s Mrs Magpie when you need her? :(

View attachment 441165

Now, I know full well that the Starmer govts economic policy has already been discussed, but thought Reeves deserves her own thread. Not least because the one constant in Starmer's world is treachery/dishonesty. Therefore, if/when discontent with the government's economic policy gets too great (and it's bubbling up nicely already) without a moments hesitation he will knife her, too, in the back and throw her overboard.

Please follow the link to a short anticipatory critique I wrote before the election: opinions welcome.

Then there is of course the superb little image above knocked up by a colleague: feel free to share far and wide!
i would feel more confident in this government if any of them had read the ladybird book of economics

She'd just "inadvertently" plagiarise Economics for Beginners or Economics for Dummies, with anything remotely connected to Marxian views of political economy or any new fangled anti-growth or doughnut economics would get short shrift.

She'd just "inadvertently" plagiarise Economics for Beginners or Economics for Dummies, with anything remotely connected to Marxian views of political economy or any new fangled anti-growth or doughnut economics would get short shrift.
Though to be fair Mariana Mazzucato seems an important influence

Though to be fair Mariana Mazzucato seems an important influence
Had to look her up on Wikipedia. From my minor reading of the wiki page, they don't seem to have that much in common. Then again, I seem to remember reading somewhere that Reeves was influenced by Rosa Luxemburg :eek:

But that may have been a piss take.

Had to look her up on Wikipedia. From my minor reading of the wiki page, they don't seem to have that much in common. Then again, I seem to remember reading somewhere that Reeves was influenced by Rosa Luxemburg :eek:

But that may have been a piss take.
Think it was a piss take re Red Rosa. Mazzucato was name checked in Reeves important Mais Lecture and has been influential on policy of Camden Council whose former leader Georgia Gould now an MP. I have done a deep dive into Mazuccato: defintely not anticapitalist

Think it was a piss take re Red Rosa. Mazzucato was name checked in Reeves important Mais Lecture and has been influential on policy of Camden Council whose former leader Georgia Gould now an MP. I have done a deep dive into Mazuccato: defintely not anticapitalist

She’s vehemently opposed to private sector service delivery and believes it’s completely inimical to the NASA-style mission focus she is so keen on. So for anyone who mistrusts outsourcers and marketisation, Mazzucato’s influence on Reeves should be celebrated.

She’s vehemently opposed to private sector service delivery and believes it’s completely inimical to the NASA-style mission focus she is so keen on. So for anyone who mistrusts outsourcers and marketisation, Mazzucato’s influence on Reeves should be celebrated.
Must be a different person to the one whose books I have read. But to be fair not yet read her latest online offering

Must be a different person to the one whose books I have read. But to be fair not yet read her latest online offering

Only one I’ve read is Mission Economy. Lots of people in my professional community were raving about it. I wasn’t blown away, but then I didn’t much like For All Mankind on Apple TV, either. NASA leaves me cold.

I’ve seen her complain about private sector parasites in public service provision elsewhere on social media, though.

Only one I’ve read is Mission Economy. Lots of people in my professional community were raving about it. I wasn’t blown away, but then I didn’t much like For All Mankind on Apple TV, either. NASA leaves me cold.

I’ve seen her complain about private sector parasites in public service provision elsewhere on social media, though.
I clearly need to delve further into her oeuvre. Thanks

I really hope they do that because they (the private sector and associated management / market type parasites) are where all the waste is, in the NHS and elsewhere.

Have we had this one?

Screenshot-20240915-115850-Duck-Duck-Go-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom