Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cecil, famous Lion from Zimbabwe shot dead by Dentist from Minnesota for $55k

If you're going to do illegal things don't put it on youtube for views:

In the original indictment, which dates back to 2020, it was said the Bowmars were involved with 'primarily video-recorded archery hunts for white-tailed deer, mule deer, wild turkey, and other wildlife species in multiple states and countries.'

They and more than 30 coconspirators were accused of using 'numerous HHO bait sites in order to locate and identify potential target deer, maximize their hunting effectiveness and success rate , or to attempt to kill a specific trophy deer.'

'Defendants regularly video-recorded and photographed the hunts for the purpose of creating, producing, and distributing the content to the public through their online BBH business platforms including an internet website, Instagram page, and YouTube channel.'

One video posted to the channel on January 5, 2017, shows Josh Bowmar shooting a whitetail deer. During the video he explains how the deer's antlers fell off after he fired at it with an arrow.

The indictment makes references to that video, filmed during a Hidden Hills hunt, and said that 'Josh Bowmar hunted for a particular trophy-sized white-tailed deer with double corkscrew drop tine antlers within a heavily baited area.'

'Defendant Josh Bowmar hunted for a particular white-tailed deer named "Snowflake",' it said.

In December 2016 another video was posted to the couple's YouTube channel - which has more than 300,000 subscribers - showing Sarah Bowmar hunting a wild turkey, another illegal act she was accused of in the indictment.

Baiting animals isn't hunting.

If you're going to do illegal things don't put it on youtube for views:

Baiting animals isn't hunting.
Do you have a list of what animals can and can't be hunted? Sorry if my memory is fuzzy, but years ago I have a recollection that you said bears are fair game If the population wasn't endangered
? Apologies in advance if I'm wrong.

I disagee the Bowmars, Andrew Tate, Tory’s mps,
Crypto boys (but that’s more population control).
People who leave poo bags in the woods picked up 44 the other day🤮.etc
Though I’d be in favour of using tasers so you could do it again tomorrow and they may learn from the experience😈🤣

Do you have a list of what animals can and can't be hunted? Sorry if my memory is fuzzy, but years ago I have a recollection that you said bears are fair game If the population wasn't endangered
? Apologies in advance if I'm wrong.

I might have said something of that nature. I grew up hunting and hunting has rules, or should have. Here's a basic list:

* all species have the same right to exist as humans, maybe more because other species don't run around destroying the environment for everyone else.

* Its ok to hunt for food.

* Its only ok to hunt for species that there are enough of to maintain their existence as a species. That would take most big game species off the list if you really look at population trends over time.

* Never take more than you need or can eat. Never take more than can replenish itself in a season or two. Never take all of anything. I was pretty disgusted a couple of early springs ago. Someone came and took every mushroom in the park where I like to hike. They scoured it to the point that I couldn't find a single one. So far, they've not grown back and may not to the same extent.

* The animal should have viable means and possibility of escape. No baiting, no canned hunts, no helicopters, etc. Rich people running around the world and paying for a sure kill, and then running home with a trophy, and acting like the "Great White Hunter" is stupid and immoral.

* make sure it's a clean kill when you take your shot. No taking a shot at anything that moves. I've had a few rounds sent my direction when I've been in the woods, despite wearing safety colors, and I'm not a fan.

Basically, think about what you do and don't act like an idiot out in the woods. (And, no alcohol while hunting. I have some neighbors who make a weekend of getting together, getting drunk, and roaming the countryside with guns on four-wheelers. We all hide in the house to keep from getting accidentally shot.)

To be honest, I think this is more moral than factory farming, where animals are born in misery, live in misery, and die in misery, without the chance to express their nature. Some of them never see the light of day. If I could make factory farming illegal, I would.

TBF, I'm sure many people won't like this post. Over the years, my views have evolved. I don't currently hunt or eat meat. It's not so much for the animals, its more for the overall environmental effect of factory farming and climate change.

Does that explain it better?

Last edited:
I disagee the Bowmars, Andrew Tate, Tory’s mps,
Crypto boys (but that’s more population control).

phone scammers, slum lords, hedge fund managers, people who knock on your door to share the good news of Jesus.

People who leave poo bags in the woods picked up 44 the other day🤮.etc

I thought I was the only one. In the winter, when I go hiking I've started taking a camp shovel with me. About the first half mile, you can count on finding little piles in the middle of the trail, where people have taken their mean little dogs for a "walk" and not cleaned up after them.

Though I’d be in favour of using tasers so you could do it again tomorrow and they may learn from the experience😈🤣

Or, maybe a catch and release program where we can neuter them, so they don't overpopulate, but it may be too late for that.

Last edited:
No animal should be hunted for fun/sport.

It can be difficult to separate some "fun" activities from hunting. I enjoy being in the woods more than almost anything else. I also enjoy practicing skills used in hunting such as tracking, shooting, and target practice, but can do without the killing. In fact, this weekend I'm going to a 3-D target shoot. We'll shoot arrows at styrofoam animals and pass out a few t-shirts. I go because I enjoy talking to people, and I also enjoy trolling the NRA booth and the Neo-Nazis who run a local shooting range (It's fun to watch them nod and smile while you're basically telling them they're an idiot).

Last edited:
Driven shoots of birds reared for the sole purpose of being shot isn't really sport. Unlike, say, culling wild deer or rough shooting rabbits.

Define "sport" in this context.

I'm pretty sure that when HT first referred to fun/sport, driven shooting is exactly what he had in mind.

I shoot the odd rabbit or woodpigeon (both pest species), for the pot. Fresh, organic, free-range meat, with near zero food miles, no packaging, and not boosting corporation's coffers, killed instantly and painlessly. I can't see how anyone who's not a vegetarian could have any moral issue with that.

Define "sport" in this context.

I'm pretty sure that when HT first referred to fun/sport, driven shooting is exactly what he had in mind.
In this context, I'm using 'sport' in the sense of 'sporting', which connotes a sense of fairness and decency. Which isn't what characterises the mass slaughter of captive reared birds (and which requires minimal skill).

In this context, I'm using 'sport' in the sense of 'sporting', which connotes a sense of fairness and decency. Which isn't what characterises the mass slaughter of captive reared birds (and which requires minimal skill).

Wild deer tend not to shoot back either.

Back
Top Bottom