Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City RedBlueDragonBirds 2012-2013 season

many of whom have been far more committed to the club than you.
You are very good at dismissing other people's opinions based in how cpmmitted they are, of which you seem to have appointed yourself as the sole arbiter!

So if there is someone on here that has seen more games than you does that mean he has more relevance than you? How many games have you seen in the last 10 years?

Me:
Season ticket holder for 12 years. Averages 4-8 away games a season. First live game 25 years ago. I support Cardiff having a club that strives to be the best whether it is in red, blue, green or in the nude. I'll still chant bluebirds whilst they do it but I'm supporting the players and not chastising the club when i do so. If we return to being a club where the owner doesn't care less about achievement but about ticking over just enough that he can screw money out of it (like several past owners) then I'll be unhappy.

Sat next to me:
First game 27 years ago. Season ticket holder for longer than me. Averages about 4-9 away games a season. Really hated the change at first. Come to accept it even though he wasn't a fan of it at first. Probably because we are winning games and he is loving that. He bought a red shirt but doesn't wear it.

Sat next to him: First game 15 years ago. Season ticket 14 seasons. Has completely fallen out of love with Cardiff and left the last match at half time. We were winning.

My point

Three people in the same football row. Three different opinions. No link to how long they've been fans imo.

Still amazed that half way through the season my friend is still leaving games at half time though.

I'll never forgive Tan for turning City fan against City fan. The cunt.

I think the scale of the problem is far greater in your mind than it is in reality. At the game yesterday i asked everyone i spoke to whether the red issue was a problem for them. not a single person said that it bothered them!

I think the scale of the problem is far greater in your mind than it is in reality. At the game yesterday i asked everyone i spoke to whether the red issue was a problem for them. not a single person said that it bothered them!
Most of my friends - life long Cardiff fans who have travelled all around England and Wales for as long as I can remember - no longer go to see the City. The 1927 Club has effectively ceased to exist, as far as I can see.

That makes it a little bit of a problem in my eyes, but feel free to dismiss it all in the name of SUCCESS.

You cant please all the people all the time, there may be the odd few who have departed, but there are atleast 20.000 at every game who are happy enough.

You cant please all the people all the time, there may be the odd few who have departed, but there are atleast 20.000 at every game who are happy enough.
I know loads of City fans who still go to the games but remain fucking livid at the changes, so don't you go presuming that everyone's happily clapping along with Tan's terms.

I know loads of City fans who still go to the games but remain fucking livid at the changes, so don't you go presuming that everyone's happily clapping along with Tan's terms.

As long as they keep attending games i dont suppose Tan really gives a fuck what they think. It looks like he is delivering premiership football which is what people wanted.

As long as they keep attending games i dont suppose Tan really gives a fuck what they think. It looks like he is delivering premiership football which is what people wanted.
At least two probably won't be renewing their season tickets for the first time in their adult lives, but who cares about lifelong fans when SUCCESS beckons.

Surely as a football fan success is what everyone want, I dont go to watch Cardiff lose.

I've never known a season where fans don't disagree with fans.
About:
the owner,
the manager,
the players,
the formation,
the best pre-match pub,
mascots,
goal music,
drums,
racism,
the refereeing,
transfers,
team selection,
who deserves away tickets,
The home kit
The away kit
The 3rd kit
The 4th kit

Football IS fans disagreeing with each other. Tan didn't invent that.

Don't be ridiculous. What's happened at Cardiff is not some sort of everyday football pub row that crops up every year at every club.

Isn't it?

I've known fans to stop supporting because:
Sam Hamman was owner
Lennie Lawrence was manager
Dave Jones was manager
Risdale was involved
The Kumar era - That one was me who left
and now because VT is owner

Someone is always unhappy with the club.

You can keep on trying to dismiss what's happened here, but you talk to fans of other clubs and see what they'd think about their club being completely rebranded without any consultation at all.

You can keep on trying to dismiss what's happened here, but you talk to fans of other clubs and see what they'd think about their club being completely rebranded without any consultation at all.

who gives a fuck what fans of other clubs think. Bristol city fans taking the piss yesterday while conveniently forgetting that they went into admin and ripped off local buinesses. Crystal Palace fans taking the piss and conveniently forgetting that they did the same, and better still changed their kit to try and look like Barca and even changed their nickname. Fuck em.

who gives a fuck what fans of other clubs think.
I hope that if any other club gets out in the same predicament as Cardiff, their fans don't turn out to be as spineless as ours when it comes to protecting the club's heritage and traditions.

I'm truly saddened that a spin-off 'true' Cardiff team playing in blue didn't spring up in response to all this shit, because that would have been a team I could have given my wholehearted support to.

I hope that if any other club gets out in the same predicament as Cardiff, their fans don't turn out to be as spineless as ours when it comes to protecting the club's heritage and traditions.

I'm truly saddened that a spin-off 'true' Cardiff team playing in blue didn't spring up in response to all this shit, because that would have been a team I could have given my wholehearted support to.
but they wouldnt have any heritage.

read the comments under this and then try and claim it hasn't divided fans
no denying it has divided people on here is there!
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footba...cent-tan-s-red-scarf-giveaway-91466-32822460/

CardiffJim
9:08 AM on 17/2/2013

Well Malky is hardly going to say anything else is he...?

The rebrand is pretty unpopular, and it is unpopular because it has tarnished this season for thousands of fans. It's not needed, it's an egotistical folly for one man, just so he can show who's boss.

Support the team on tuesday. I will be by wearing my BLUE Cardiff City shirt with a lot of pride.

I won't let a businessman make me ashamed of my football club's identity.

Isn't it?

I've known fans to stop supporting because:
Sam Hamman was owner
Lennie Lawrence was manager
Dave Jones was manager
Risdale was involved
The Kumar era - That one was me who left
and now because VT is owner

I know people who haven't been since they sold Toshack.

It's hardly the first time that's happened.

In the 70s the people in the Grandstand would happily have exterminated the entire Grange End if they could. And I remember running feuds between Barry and Valley Boys, and even town vs docks... don't think footie fans have ever been short of factions...

... and as for Chairmen showing respect for the fans... Stefan Terlezki tried to have the fans flogged... literally flogged.... now that's what I call lack of respect....

I'm not claiming that it hasn't.

I'm claiming that you could have probably found posts on that site that divided fans back in Dave Jones' day too. Calling for the owners heads for continuing to support him.

I think what is going on now takes things to a whole new level though... way beyond anything that has happened in the past. WAY beyond.

Back
Top Bottom