Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City RedBlueDragonBirds 2012-2013 season

The Twitter stream tells its own story.

I can't deny that it confirms my summation.

90% red but still felt divided with a hostile feel to the air.

Wasn't the cleverest of PR stunts.

Like they say after joking about a tender subject "Whoops?! Too soon?"

Amyone who thinks that tonight split the club is on another planet. As the game kicked off a lot of people held their red scarves high, I counted maybe 20 blue scarves. The whole ground was awash with red, face it folks, the overwhleming majority of people want premiership football in red rather than chmapionship in blue, FACT.

It's a giant clusterfuck. That egotistical twat Tan has killed off a large part of what made City great for a lot of people.

Ooooh! how many pro blue on there? they are ounumbered by the in excess of 22000 that wore their red scarves tonite.
Ah, I see, you're just going to ignore the sentiments of people who were at the game today. Or you just don't give a fuck about the club's support being split.

Amyone who thinks that tonight split the club is on another planet. As the game kicked off a lot of people held their red scarves high, I counted maybe 20 blue scarves. The whole ground was awash with red, face it folks, the overwhleming majority of people want premiership football in red rather than chmapionship in blue, FACT.
I think the muted response to VT's birthday told a wider story. We'll wear your free scarves. We'll support you and the club. But we won't celebrate it with gusto.

Ooooh! how many pro blue on there? they are ounumbered by the in excess of 22000 that wore their red scarves tonite.

There was a hell of a lot of red worn tonight. Even the pro-blue acknowledge that in those tweets. Majorities are often quite silent aren't they? Why rant on twitter when you aren't outraged at all?

Nobody I know who went to the game are proud to call themselves a city fan tonight. A below par city performance they can take. But allow being surrounded by a bunch of lipstickle shithead 'fans' with their new scarves though, fuck that.

The problem for me is how the majority are just wilfully accepting it, no qualms whatsoever. I'm not going down the city until we change back to blue, and the fact that that may take sometime saddens me. Yet if it saves me having to rub shoulders with the average city fan then I say good riddance. Bunch of obsequious twats.

My cousin will surely be showing off his new scarf the next time I see him. He's 28 years old. First season ticket bought in 2008. Was a Cardiff Blues season ticket holder before then. Muppet. :facepalm:

In other news 10% of labour supporters have decided that they'll no longer vote for Labour since they changed their branding from red to green.

Would they be correct or does that sound ridiculous too?

In other news 10% of labour supporters have decided that they'll no longer vote for Labour since they changed their branding from red to green.

Would they be correct or does that sound ridiculous too?
Your ludicrous and irrelevant comparison sure sounds ridiculous enough to me.

Your ludicrous and irrelevant comparison sure sounds ridiculous enough to me.

Why? Labour has been historically linked to the colour red for decades. People would be outraged by the change from tradition. But would it make an iota of difference to how they would handle the business of running the country? You know the important thing. The future.

I don't see how being a different colour makes a difference to the important thing at Cardiff, making it a successful sporting club and a sustainable proposition.

The Twitter stream tells its own story.

View attachment 29180

View attachment 29181

Tbf even compared to every other "soulless bowl" modern indentikit stadiums I've visited (see Reading, Leicester, Arsenal, many more etc) the atmosphere at your new stadium was without a doubt the worst by far out of em all, and is so sad to see... give me an old-skool ground (or even a new one that has any kind of character) ANY day !!!

The change of colours is not just the only problem at Cardiff City atm, and I'd HATE to see every football club turn into such a monogamous "franchise club"

FUCK MODERN FOOTBALL !!!

Cardiff fans should be fighting this every step of the way. 1927 your attitude towards all this bollocks is an utter disgrace, you're nothing but a plastic sell out, you have NO right to call yourself a real supporter whatsoever !!!

Tbf even compared to every other "soulless bowl" modern indentikit stadiums I've visited

I miss Ninian Park. I really do.

The choice was a high capacity bowl (holds loads cheaply) or low capacity stadium with crowd control issues and very little income to fuel any sporting ambition of note.

Hate The FA, Fifa, UEFA, Sky etc. who create the rich poor footballing divide. Not the poor clubs caught in the trap of play by their rules or be doomed to insignificance.

Why? Labour has been historically linked to the colour red for decades. People would be outraged by the change from tradition. But would it make an iota of difference to how they would handle the business of running the country? You know the important thing. The future.

I don't see how being a different colour makes a difference to the important thing at Cardiff, making it a successful sporting club and a sustainable proposition.
For your comparison to make any sense at, the change would be coming from an foreign investor who had no idea who Labour were until recently and he'd not only be changing their colour; he'd be changing their entire branding and inventing a whole new made-up strapline to represent the party.

For your comparison to make any sense at, the change would be coming from an foreign investor who had no idea who Labour were until recently and he'd not only be changing their colour; he'd be changing their entire branding and inventing a whole new made-up strapline to represent the party.

They change their slogans regularly
2010 - A future fair for all'
2012 - One Nation

and have been bankrolled by foreigners.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bour-launch-inquiry-SECOND-donor-scandal.html

Q. How many times have they changed their core colour scheme, changed their logo, changed their entire branding and changed their strapline all in one go, all on the whim of one investor?

A. Never

Want to try again now?
The question was. If they did would be stop voting for them and would they be ridiculous for doing so? If their aims for political success remain ambitious.

Or would they go support the green party instead who'll never make it into the big leagues but at least they can't change their colour.

The question was. If they did would be stop voting for them and would they be ridiculous for doing so? If their aims for political success remain ambitious.

Or would they go support the green party instead who'll never make it into the big leagues but at least they can't change their colour.
Sorry but this specious comparison is too daft and irrelevant to be bothering with.

Like Tony Blair coming from a different class, pushing to ditch clause four, moving from a red flag to a red rose and changing it to 'New Labour'.

some people have too much time on their hands

pissoffcardiff.jpg

a mate who went was intending to wave his red scarf

for a chance of a free season ticket, no other reason
wonder how many of people felt the same

a mate who went was intending to wave his red scarf

for a chance of a free season ticket, no other reason
wonder how many of people felt the same

Me tbh. I'm unemployed right now. A free season ticket would be a godsend.

Tbf even compared to every other "soulless bowl" modern indentikit stadiums I've visited (see Reading, Leicester, Arsenal, many more etc) the atmosphere at your new stadium was without a doubt the worst by far out of em all, and is so sad to see... give me an old-skool ground (or even a new one that has any kind of character) ANY day !!!

The change of colours is not just the only problem at Cardiff City atm, and I'd HATE to see every football club turn into such a monogamous "franchise club"

FUCK MODERN FOOTBALL !!!

Cardiff fans should be fighting this every step of the way. 1927 your attitude towards all this bollocks is an utter disgrace, you're nothing but a plastic sell out, you have NO right to call yourself a real supporter whatsoever !!!

Remind me who you support again!

Back
Top Bottom