Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City RedBlueDragonBirds 2012-2013 season

Anyone who doesn't want a red scarf is free to buy their own.

Anyone who wants to win the draw is free to follow the terms and conditions of those stumping up the prize.

It's not like they are banning blue scarves. Neither should have to pay for free blue ones if they don't want to.

Fans like to think that they own the club somehow. Like to think that somehow because they pay (occasionally/regularly) for some entertainment it gives them rights.
Do the same fans think that they own their local cinema? Do they protest when they decide to change the carpet colour?

At the current whim of the owners yes, but that doesn't mean true fans have to abandon a lifetime of supporting a team that plays in blue just because some billionaire foreigner tells us to.

Who are the true fans?the ones that have walked away and not put a penny into the club this season to try and secure our place in the prem, or the ones who are still upporting the club and pushing the team towards the championship?

Do the same fans think that they own their local cinema? Do they protest when they decide to change the carpet colour?
It's just a little bit sad that you think that the lifelong Cardiff fans who have refused to go along with the newly-arrived billionaire's heritage-trashing whims should be compared to people who would object to a carpet being changed.

Who are the true fans?the ones that have walked away and not put a penny into the club this season to try and secure our place in the prem, or the ones who are still upporting the club and pushing the team towards the championship?
Without the fans who had supported the club through the bad times, there would be no promotion-challenging team.

PS We're already in the Championship.

Without the fans who had supported the club through the bad times, there would be no promotion-challenging team.

PS We're already in the Championship.

Yes I know but we havent won the championship which is what i meant!
It's just a little bit sad that you think that the lifelong Cardiff fans who have refused to go along with the newly-arrived billionaire's heritage-trashing whims should be compared to people who would object to a carpet being changed.
You have gone along with it tho, I seem to remember you went over Christmas.

You have gone along with it tho, I seem to remember you went over Christmas.
I didn't 'go along with it' just because I attended the match.

Don't you hate the way the owner's inexplicable whims have turned fan against fan or aren't you bothered about lifelong fans becoming disenfranchised in the name of SUCCESS at any price?

A lifelong fan of music:
disco_stu1.png

Things change. Nostalgia for the good old days is understandable. Refusal to accept that things change isn't.
Music wears different colours to the old days. Corporates like Sony control the top. Doesn't stop me liking my favourite acts if they keep banging out results.

A lifelong fan of music:
disco_stu1.png

Things change. Nostalgia for the good old days is understandable. Refusal to accept that things change isn't.
Music wears different colours to the old days. Corporates like Sony control the top. Doesn't stop me liking my favourite acts if they keep banging out results.
It's not 'nostalgia' ffs. What a stupid thing to say.

Don't you hate the way the owner's inexplicable whims have turned fan against fan or aren't you bothered about lifelong fans becoming disenfranchised in the name of SUCCESS at any price?

"Inexplicable whims" is it?

The way I look at it is: you can't argue with results.

Immediately after changing our home strip to red, we embarked on the longest unbeaten stretch of home results in our history.

So obviously Mr. Tan isn't as daft as he looks is he?

I wish we'd had a few more Chairmen with that kind of "inexplicable whim" over the years...

The way I look at it is: you can't argue with results.

Immediately after changing our home strip to red, we embarked on the longest unbeaten stretch of home results in our history.

So obviously Mr. Tan isn't as daft as he looks is he?
Yes, it's all down to the mystical powers of the colour red and nothing to do with the effects of his investment.

And that's why all teams who play in red are all doing remarkably well too. Red is a lucky colour! Its amazing! Every team in red wins!

Oh, hang on...:facepalm:

Yes, it's all down to the mystical powers of the colour red and nothing to do with the effects of his investment.

And that's why all teams who play in red are all doing remarkably well too. Red is a lucky colour! Its amazing! Every team in red wins!

You miss the point.

Obviously Tan was planning to exploit the well-known psychological boost that human beings associate with a radical change in appearance or "makeover."

He'd observed us trying for promotion year after year, and failing at the last hurdle every time.

He knew that only a dramatic change of self-image could ever jolt the team out of this endless cycle of repetition.

A change so dramatic that, he knew, it would inevitably seem impossible to many.

Of course there was no shortage of skeptics, naysayers or denialists. People who simply refused to believe that a simple change of shirt color could have such a transformative impact overnight.

Those people have gone pretty quiet these days. Tan must be chuckling now.

You miss the point.

Obviously Tan was planning to exploit the well-known psychological boost that human beings associate with a radical change in appearance or "makeover."

He'd observed us trying for promotion year after year, and failing at the last hurdle every time.

He knew that only a dramatic change of self-image could ever jolt the team out of this endless cycle of repetition.

A change so dramatic that, he knew, it would inevitably seem impossible to many.

Of course there was no shortage of skeptics, naysayers or denialists. People who simply refused to believe that a simple change of shirt color could have such a transformative impact overnight.

Those people have gone pretty quiet these days. Tan must be chuckling now.
Troll = fail.

Troll = fail.

Nope.

You're just refusing to admit that you were wrong.

Tan had a hunch. It seemed like a wild idea to some. Many said it couldn't possibly work. He ignored them. He tried it anyway. And it worked brilliantly.

After four decades of watching CCFC trying stupid idea after stupid idea, all of them failing, I must say I'm quite impressed to find someone whose idea actually worked for a change. I hope he has a million such ideas.

Dwyer is absolutely bang on the money wth this one and it must piss people off. cardiff have come close so mnay times in recent years and failed.the monkey on our back was dragging us back, the change in colour got that monkey off our back to a degree. the players have even voted to play in red when they could theoretically play in blue away from home, its obvious that they prefer the red kit, the monkey free red kit.its not luck, but psychologically it obviously has an effect.

I dont see any reference to luck in the post you quoted!

I dint have a problem with any fan, although I do think that those who have disenfranchised THEMSELVES are being very silly.

Back
Top Bottom