Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City RedBlueDragonBirds 2012-2013 season

Yes, but the game's been like that for at least 20 years now, and it always was about profit above all... football will always just reflect the politics of wider society anyway, and the Rule of Tan certainly does that....
Name another large club that has had its entire strip, badge and branding completely changed, along with a new meaningless strapline foisted on its fans without any consultation?

Cardiff is having great attendances this year and record number of season tickets sold. Looks like its not going to miss those its upset to be honest. Let them watch Neighbours (whilst eating cake).
And if things don't work out as planned, just you watch those nu-fans disappear.

That fact hasn't changed since the birth of professional football. Your point?
You really can't see the difference?

What's been happening at Cardiff is not commonplace in modern football. I can't think of a comparable club that has had such a complete rebrand forced on them by their owners. How about you?

Name another large club that has had its entire strip, badge and branding completely changed, along with a new meaningless strapline foisted on its fans without any consultation?

But why would I care about the "branding" of the club at all? Who cares where we get our "strapline?"

I see no reason to care about it at all. I don't care which team of marketing consultants manipulates it, because barring some kind of football fans revolution which obviously I'd fully support etc, it certainly will be some team of business consultants or other, working only with profit in mind.

What's been happening at Cardiff is not commonplace in modern football. I can't think of a comparable club that has had such a complete rebrand forced on them by their owners. How about you?

I think the owners almost always get their way everywhere, just using more subtle methods than Tan. Who pays the piper innit.

Most probably other owners will begin following his methods more closely in future too, since they evidently work.

Not that this is a good thing of course.

But might as well get used to it if you're going to follow the modern game at all... which maybe we shouldn't anyway.... Maybe in the future football will be like music, with a mass market MOR sector, bland with commercial appeal, while the purist fans follow the Independent Leagues....

Football is a sport where 11 fit men run about the pitch being criticised by a stadium full of people who really could do with the exercise.

No surprises then that every fan thinks he knows better than the manager too most of the time and knows better than the owner. Especially when it comes to spending the owner's own money.

This has always been the case. What's changed this season? The owner didn't pussyfoot around and peddle back when we didn't like his marketing ideas. He went ahead and did it any way when fans still haven't recovered from Jif been changed to Cif.

To be honest fans losing their love for the club don't matter. It's an entertainment product no different than Coronation Street . Actors come and go, plots come and go, people dont like the changes and the fans come and go but Coronation Street remains and doesn't give a fuck so long as it does.

Cardiff is having great attendances this year and record number of season tickets sold. Looks like its not going to miss those its upset to be honest. Let them watch Neighbours (whilst eating cake).

We all have our own personal reasons for going to watch City (or not) and our own personal reasons for not being happy (or being happy) with the re-brand. It is totally beyond me why people on either side of the debate feel it necessary to have a go at each other over it and try to belittle people who have a different outlook to themselves.

It is this bitching, far more than any other aspect of the re-brand, that saddens me and has resulted in me being totally ambivalent about promotion (and posting here far less frequently).

Whatever Tan’s skills may or may not be, there is one thing he appears to be a master of and that is the age old tactic of divide and conquer.

It is this bitching, far more than any other aspect of the re-brand, that saddens me and has resulted in me being totally ambivalent about promotion (and posting here far less frequently).
But the feelings of division and bitching is entirely the fault of Tan & Co and that's what I hate most about the cunt.

I used to feel proud to be a City fan, and now look at us.

But the feelings of division and bitching is entirely the fault of Tan & Co and that's what I hate most about the cunt.

I used to feel proud to be a City fan, and now look at us.

Exactly, while everyione is rowing with each other he can do what ever he wants, attention is diverted from the real issue.

As a Swansea fan and a fan of Welsh football, i think the Cardiff re-brand is disgraceful, i would like to see all the Welsh teams that are currently in the English pyramid in the Premier League with the Swans finishing top of the pile, obviously most of the Welsh teams are too small to be in the top division but that is not the case with Swansea and Cardiff, Cardiff on potential should be up there with the very top teams challenging for trophies but unfortunately for them they have spent most of their history as failures, Swansea P4P having punched more above their weight than Cardiff over the years.
If i was a Cardiff fan i would be going to games decked out in a retro blue Cardiff shirt and shouting 'bluebirds, bluebirds', even with the team playing in red or whatever colour, history defines who we are, there is no logical need for Cardiff football team to change their history.

As a Swansea fan and a fan of Welsh football, i think the Cardiff re-brand is disgraceful, i would like to see all the Welsh teams that are currently in the English pyramid in the Premier League with the Swans finishing top of the pile, obviously most of the Welsh teams are too small to be in the top division but that is not the case with Swansea and Cardiff, Cardiff on potential should be up there with the very top teams challenging for trophies but unfortunately for them they have spent most of their history as failures, Swansea P4P having punched more above their weight than Cardiff over the years.
If i was a Cardiff fan i would be going to games decked out in a retro blue Cardiff shirt and shouting 'bluebirds, bluebirds', even with the team playing in red or whatever colour, history defines who we are, there is no logical need for Cardiff football team to change their history.

Well hopefully you will qualify for your first major final tonight! Only 87 years behind Wales' no1 football team.

Just read that City sacked a young player for assaulting two young women. Makes a change to see such decisive action in the face of violence against women. Did see a comment, tho', suggesting that he might not have been sacked if he was a more important player. Having no idea about his ability, wonder if anyone else has any views on this.

Kevin Sainte-Luce

Never heard of him before. French winger. Academy player.

They waited till the trial. He admitted it in court. Then they sacked him.
Looks like everything was done by the book. So it's not worth discussing.

If they hadnt of sacked him then we might have had something to discuss.

Actually I'll add what my friend just said.

Our current manager seemingly places great store on players being professional off the pitch. If you aren't expect to find yourself not getting on the pitch.

So in his opinion if it had been a senior player and we could have got some money for him it would have been a case of a quiet transfer rather than losing our entire investment. But he wouldn't have played for us again.

He feels that our former manager would have kept him if he'd been one if his senior team favourites but that's speculation isn't it.

Actually I'll add what my friend just said.

Our current manager seemingly places great store on players being professional off the pitch. If you aren't expect to find yourself not getting on the pitch.

wonder how he feels about our 'most senior' player getting banned from driving this week

Outstanding for the money he managed to trouser...

Outstanding for the fact that he dekivered a new stadium and kept us going when many clubs would have ended up in admin, and put us in a position where the thought of the premiership was a reality!

He is a devious man make no mistake. If you are lucky that deviousness is working for you at the same time as he is figuring out how to make the most money out of the situation.

He is a devious man make no mistake. If you are lucky that deviousness is working for you at the same time as he is figuring out how to make the most money out of the situation.

I wouldnt disgaree with that statement, but in our case I think it very much worked in our favour.

Fair play...ten out of ten for persistence

The cold-snap seems intent on snapping further every week, so next Tuesday night as we host Brighton, we will be giving every Cardiff City supporter a FREE high quality scarf as a means to keep warm, the club saying a big thank you for your support this season.

Each scarf will be handed out on arrival at the stadium - for this game only - and will become your special entry pass into our 2013/14 season ticket competition for the rest of the campaign.

During every home game from Tuesday until the final fixture we will be keeping our cameras tracked on supporters wearing or waving their 'City scarf. Photos will be taken in the concourses, stands, hospitality areas and more, forming a part of our post match FACEBOOK galleries.

After each game we will publish the photo of each lucky winner - and if it's YOU, we will refund your season ticket for the season ahead. Check our Facebook page, giving us a LIKE while you're there to make sure you get notified as soon as the galleries go live, including the winning photo!

Good luck one and all. We hope you enjoy your free gift and make sure to bring it to every game as we push for glory!!

:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom