Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff chitter-chatter, news and more

A homeless guy on Wellfield road on police harrassment, the quotes below are from people who know him taken from fb.

"Another police 'theft' of his belongings last night is pushing Aaron to the edge. Imagine being burgled repeatedly and then find out the police have been paid to do it. Put yourself in the shoes of a homeless person - they have very very little, so taking what they have away is deeply undermining." (Neil)

"I had just donated him a bunch of books and they stole them too. Why steal books?? They harass him daily. I had to try and calm him down the other day whilst two were trying to move him from Wellfield Road for the umpteenth time. I wish they would spend their time chasing real criminals rather than victimising our most needy
1f641.png
Aaron is a lovely guy who is having a really shitty time of it lately. He needs support not constant attacks
1f641.png
" (Becky)

"It really was heartbreaking wasnt it. I took him for chicken burger and chips and stayed with him for a few hours. I tried to keep him focused and we had a laugh. Id got him a new duvet the day before, plus pillows, but the police took those off him too. Ill see him tomorrow now, with some new stuff. But its his state of mind that Im worried about, cause we cant stay with him every moment of every day. Yes he was frustrated beyond-- who wouldnt be. They are pushing a very vunerable lovely human being to the edge. Think we had better all pray..." (Debbie)

"I too try and see Aaron a few times a week. Again, he was crying in my arms due to the police harrassment. I literally arrived to take him for some food, and was soo mad that 2 police officers were once again harrassing him to move on. This morning he went to get a coffee and when he returned they had confiscated his things again!!! The police have a duty to protect the public-- he IS the public, regardless of his "residence"status. Aaron has got very depressed in the last few days, and both Neil and myself are worried for his own safety. I am putting in an official complaint to the police today. It is about time they started concentrating on the real criminals, who, while they are harrassing Aaron, are stealing from shops literally a few blocks away. If anyone is reading this and would like to donate a bond for us all to get him off the streets and into somewhere safe,, please feel free to do it. ASAP would be good...." (Debbie)

"He almost broke my heart when he said "Becky knew me when I was considered a human being" ... So sad that its true."

And the council, police and Walesonline are pushing the "aggressive begging" line which is bullshit, most just sit there and say nothing, a fair few with their heads down.
I'm around that area and in town a lot and don't see aggressive begging yet people have bought it and parroting it now

Also heard that they are trying to get the homeless out of the city centre in time for xmas
Can't have people spending money they don't have on crap people don't need seeing the homeless out of the corner of their eye now can we!
One group who serve food to the homeless in the city centre have apparently been told they have to move to the outskirts

There are extra officers, privately funded by FOR Cardiff Business Development, an organisation all the businesses operating in the city centre contribute to. Their purpose is to remove 'aggressive begging' That's defined as sitting in a way that might lead people to think you would welcome their change. So, being homeless. It's a fucking disgrace that the council and police are treating people like this so people can indulge in capitalism on The Hayes without having to bear witness to its consequences.

Another consequence of this I'm noticing people sleeping rough in places I've never seen people before. Cardiff Bay Retail Park for example.

Last edited:
exactly that! it just pushes people out to other areas and then they're harder to find and help

Cardiffians - urgent help needed!!!

It's my birthday next Saturday. I have no idea about anything going on and my usual venues have shitty stuff.

Any tips? Bonus points for small dark spaces playing house or disco!

DogyAiAXoAEWNB_.jpg:large

came up on tweeter today

Cardiff Docks, 1894, Lionel Walden

he seems to have done a few others of Cardiff, although in some cases, the locomotive / station looks a lot more American. The signal post looks a bit questionable for somewhere that's clearly not main line, but otherwise :)

(anyone who knows the patch may have more to say)

Cardiffians - urgent help needed!!!

It's my birthday next Saturday. I have no idea about anything going on and my usual venues have shitty stuff.

Any tips? Bonus points for small dark spaces playing house or disco!
Presume you know about Sat Soc on 20th
then something week after but not posting that here

Can't link atm but the Gwdihŵ is closing at the end of January. Want to continue but landlord is evicted to for more shite identkit development. Ffs :mad::mad::(

Back
Top Bottom