Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff chitter-chatter, news and more

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-30615444

this is a fucking joke now
Funfair passengers have been left dangling 65ft (20m) up following a third incident on a ride at Cardiff's Winter Wonderland.

Customers were stranded on the Sky Swing for 30 minutes on Saturday before South Wales Fire and Rescue Service brought all 12 down safely.

It is the third incident to hit the ride since opening.
of course no one was in any danger :rolleyes:

even though the council reportedly makes money on WW it is now run by Sayer's amusments

Ride operator Sayer's Amusements has suspended the Sky Swing while they carry out an investigation.

A spokesman said: "An electrical malfunction occurred with the Sky Swing, when the ride's safety procedures operated automatically, stopping the ride as it descended.

"We are currently investigating the fault, and the ride will only be operational again when we are satisfied it has been resolved, but no member of the public was in any danger.

"All passengers were checked over by our medical staff, and given hot drinks when they came off the ride.

"All were of course given full refunds, in addition to our apologies for any anxiety caused."
_79956455_skyride1.jpg

should have been shut down and taken down the first time!

pure greed
don't like that Norman Sayer

It was great to see the indoor market in the centre of town so busy. I'm going to be posting up a photo feature soon.
cardiff-central-market-photos-07.jpg

Shame that H Samuel clock still doesn't work.Or light up. Or serve any use.

So are we going to have a Cardiff meet sometime that isn't the week of Christmas? I've only been in the Diff two years but I'm always caught up with family stuff that time of year. I say The Lansdowne some time in February, but I would as a Westie. Would be happy to try and arrange something more central if people are up for it.

Back
Top Bottom