Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff chitter-chatter, news and more

What's on in town this weekend?
editor
pre boomtown party at the Moon Club with Skunkadelic TONIGHT
http://afterdark.co/cardiff/event/16263-THE_MOON_CLUB_BOOMTOWN_FAIR_WARM_UP_PARTY
£3/4
THE MOON CLUB BOOMTOWN FAIR WARMUP PARTY
Friday 2nd August 2013
£3 Entry | 7.30pm Doors | 18+

SKUNKADELIC + DUB PARTY + UPBEAT ALLSTARS + F-BLOCK + MC LITTLE TREE + NAT T MISCHIEF + OISIN + MORE TBA!

THIS FRIDAY 2ND AUGUST - The Moon Club will be warming up for the UK's Maddest City's Annual Fair - BOOMTOWN!!

The following Friday (9th August), we at The Moon Club will be at Boomtown, taking over their BAD APPLE BAR with some of our favourite DJs, emcees and performers, doing what we do best - Throwing a big fuckoff party! If you're lucky enough to have a Boomtown ticket, make sure you pop in to see us. We promise to show you a good time! (More info to follow on this one!)

In the meantime, this Friday (2nd August) we're warming up for it in style, with some of our favourite acts and DJs that are either playing or should be playing! With live music and DJs until the birds start chirping, what better way to warm up for the best weekend of the year, than with your friends at The Moon Club!

Live Music from
SKUNKADELIC
UPBEAT ALLSTARS
DUB PARTY
+ MORE TBA

DJ Sets from
F-BLOCK
MC LITTLE TREE
NAT T MISCHIEF
OISIN

go on the Gremlins! :D
squatters take over abandoned Cop shop in Canton :cool:
"loads of open windows to chose from" :facepalm:
squatters-5588389.jpg

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/squatters-take-over-former-police-5588378

statement from the brilliantly named
Press release from Antagonistic Collective Against Boredom (ACAB)
http://cardiff.squat.net/acab-take-over-canton-police-station/

We are squatting here to show our disgust at the way the police use their power to oppress others for their own ends. Since the murder of Lynette White shone a light on the corruption of Cardiff Police, the people of Cardiff have seen for themselves that the police don’t protect the public only themselves: while innocent people lost years of their lives in prison, the three cops who set them up – to protect the real murderer – walked free, pardoned by the IPCC in a move that made it clear just who the police care about. We squat here to show Cardiff Police not everyone is afraid.

anyone selling a car or know of best places to look in Cardiff please?
decent 2nd hand car that won't break easily for a few years £500-£800 maybe
ta

I just bought a 13 year accord off gumtree for 700. well happy 90k miles and electric everything (all working). just keep an eye out on there for something reliable and something half decent will turn up

There's a fundraiser in support of Cardiff Against The Bedroom Tax at Cathays Liberal Club, Cathays Terrace CF24 4HS on Saturday 17th August. DJs tbc.

The pub that was Fire Island, which I never patronised has been taken over by Tiny Rebel Brewing Co.

This from their blog:

It has happened a little sooner than we thought but we have found the location for our 1st bar in Cardiff! Formally Fire Island, our 1st Tiny Rebel Bar is going to be devoted to bringing you the best cask, keg and bottled beer we can get our hands on.

Apart from a few legal bits to sign this is a done deal and we’re going to be busting our asses off to open up Wales’s only hangout for beer junkies sometime in September.

Good luck with the latter especially with the City Arms directly opposite.

E2A apparently they brew their own though that is not so clear from their blog statement.

went in the spoons in the bay yesterday
impressed by the building, even has a roof terrace

got stopped from re-entering about 9ish tho :oops:
due to staggering

There's a fundraiser in support of Cardiff Against The Bedroom Tax at Cathays Liberal Club, Cathays Terrace CF24 4HS on Saturday 17th August. DJs tbc.

any more info on this? when from etc
emailed em on tuesday offering dj services and got no reply
probably sorted and too late but ya know

any more info on this? when from etc
emailed em on tuesday offering dj services and got no reply
probably sorted and too late but ya know

Normally kicks off 8ish. but I don't think I ever got there before 10.30. If you go have a word with Gareth who puts the night on. he's quite up for new DJ's and the music can be right shite sometimes, so you'd be a welcome addition.

went in the spoons in the bay yesterday
impressed by the building, even has a roof terrace

got stopped from re-entering about 9ish tho :oops:
due to staggering

Aye it's pretty nice for a spoons, the roof terrace has a brilliant view, had a good session up there during the heatwave. They stopped me using my e-cig out there though. :mad:

so the crofts pub in roath is racist!
i got physically threatened 3 or 4 times by 2 people in pub and asked to leave by woman working there

all because i asked about the big "political correctness is prohibited in this place" chalked on a board

bloke at bar said he "didn't like darkies" :facepalm: :mad: :(

it was all framed as their opinion and i can have mine but not challenge others as it is 'politics'
even tried to talk to them outside and got threatened as well as them telling someone opposite to call the police, which i said 'please do' and 'will you say what you said to me in front of them' and got threatened again!

fucking bastards

so the crofts pub in roath is racist!
i got physically threatened 3 or 4 times by 2 people in pub and asked to leave by woman working there

all because i asked about the big "political correctness is prohibited in this place" chalked on a board

bloke at bar said he "didn't like darkies" :facepalm: :mad: :(

it was all framed as their opinion and i can have mine but not challenge others as it is 'politics'
even tried to talk to them outside and got threatened as well as them telling someone opposite to call the police, which i said 'please do' and 'will you say what you said to me in front of them' and got threatened again!

fucking bastards
What the fuck? A letter to the local paper has to be in order.

none of them would tell me what they meant by political correctness and i got threatened pretty quickly
the woman working did nothing until i asked her straight if saying what he said was acceptable and apart from half telling him off it was me that was the trouble maker and they'd made their mind up that i'd only gone in there to cause trouble.
and when i asked her what it meant apparently everyone has their own opinion of it and as they didn't do it i'd have to ask the person who did write it what it meant and they were upstairs
all i did was ask a few questions
even got threatened on the pavement as they were having a fag

Back
Top Bottom