Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Car Clamper / Was I Right To Leave Him..

Should I have left him or helped

• Total voters
Orang Utan said:
I am - what are you implying?
There's a number of implications aren't there?

(Anyway, sorry, i was reading the thread backwards as i'd been asked for my opinion, i didn't realise it was a serious one from the title)

butchersapron said:
How about this, help the poor sod whilst letting him know what people's problem with him is. He could be there bleeding to fucking death. That's a far better way of affecting how people act.

Wisest post on this thread so far

Geri said:
No, treat people as you would wish to be treated. .

Exactly. Which is what ive done. If i treat people like shit then i expect to treated like shit right back. But i dont. Im not that sort of person, Leaving that fella was a first for me. Ive never been compelled to behave that way before.

butchersapron said:
There's a number of implications aren't there?

(Anyway, sorry, i was reading the thread backwards as i'd been asked for my opinion, i didn't realise it was a serious one from the title)

I know, but I was asking what YOU were implying?
I may be from Yorkshire but I've never hit anyone (excepting my brother when we were young)

butchersapron said:
How about this, help the poor sod whilst letting him know what people's problem with him is. He could be there bleeding to fucking death. That's a far better way of affecting how people act.

That's a damn good point.

Geri said:
No, treat people as you would wish to be treated.

Surely giving someone help, even if they have been a bastard to you in the past, shows that you do have principles? If not, you are going down to their level.

Yeah right, then what are you going to do when he then clamps you again, he would be making a right monkey out of you....

dirtysanta said:
Exactly. Which is what ive done. If i treat people like shit then i expect to treated like shit right back. But i dont. Im not that sort of person, Leaving that fella was a first for me. Ive never been compelled to behave that way before.

Well you must have felt some misgivings about or you wouldn't have started this thread - which just proves you have a conscience

butchersapron said:
Let's just clear this up - do you support Leeds or not?
I don't follow footy - tis a boring game.
I suppose I might be a little bit chuffed if they won the FA Cup
:)

rutabowa said:
hang on are the Rhinos league or Union? Whicever they are, loads of original Leeds people support them
League - my parents used to live next to the ground and there were plenty of fans.

Orang Utan said:
Well you must have felt some misgivings about or you wouldn't have started this thread - which just proves you have a conscience

Of course i have. When i woke up this morning, sobered up and I had misgivings but not for the reasons you might think. My only concern was whether or not he had a family that would be impacted. I wouldnt wish it upon any child to have their father beaten to death a gutter. But I care nothing for him. I have a conscience but it only stretches so far and does my patience and it does not extend to people who lives revolve around making others lives a misery. I wish i had the time to go thru the entire list of what this fucker and his cronies have been doing for years. But this thread has taken a far more sinister nasty tone that i intended and im sure i would be wasting my time.

Orang Utan said:
League - my parents used to live next to the ground and there were plenty of fans.
yeah that's what I thought.

anyway, sorry, i fuck up every single serious thread i come on.

ps i don't think anyone on this thread is so soo bad, or evil or anything.

Mr_Nice said:
Yeah right, then what are you going to do when he then clamps you again, he would be making a right monkey out of you....

He wouldn't be clamping me as I don't have a car.

Anyway, that's not really the issue is it? It's about helping someone who is in a bad way.

i read to page 7- couldnt be bothered after that
id have made clear to him exactly who i was
and that he'd wronged me etc
then i would have called an ambulance for him and waited for it to arrive

then the next time he comes a clamping on your street
you've got all moral high ground etc

just to leave him there is effectively saying
'you got the shit kicked out of you, and im satisfied'
effectively condoning the beating
you're an accomplice to making him suffer

you're a bastard (unless you feel guilty)

just my 2p

Back
Top Bottom