Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Car Clamper / Was I Right To Leave Him..

Should I have left him or helped

• Total voters
Fruitloop said:
I think it's exactly on point. The iron moral law that's being advanced is that you should help someone who's been injured in all cricumstances, regardless of who they are, but I reckon in the case of most people the rule isn't as iron-clad as they might like to believe.
Can I just clarify what you mean here? It's reading to me as though you think there are some cases where you should just walk on by. If so can you specify when you think it is OK to do this?

Dubversion said:
so you believe the post i queried was perfectly clear?

yes

maybe you should "broaden" out that statement then instead of having a go at everyone that seems to grasp that it doesn't make DS a bad person.

The quote in question

Dubversion said:
COMMON FUCKING DECENCY, no more..

Doesnt apply to this guy AFAIC. Anyone else I would of carried them on my shouldder to the hospital if neccessary the problem here is that no one on urban is aware of a nasty peice of shit this prick is. I will not, i repeat not display any form of decency to wankers like the one in question. Ive three years of history with this wanker. Ive been decent to him for 3 yrs. Iv been thru all the proper channels yet hes left to bully local motorists into handing over money. What kind of sick fuck leaves a women with two kids and a car clamp 1/2hr before she's meant to pick another one up from school just because her permits 3 days out of date despite the fact he knows full well shes entitled to park there. Its petty shit like that. Hes shown nothing but, comtempt for everyone on our street. Spiteful fucker.

snadge said:
yes

The quote in question

no, you tool. the one to which you replied "what, are you my English teacher"

christ, you're more stupid than i thought.

and this is derailing the thread. go play with the buses.

Can I just clarify what you mean here? It's reading to me as though you think there are some cases where you should just walk on by. If so can you specify when you think it is OK to do this?

I can't imagine a situation in which it would be morally necessarily not to assist someone, no. I'm just querying whether you're morally compelled to assist in all cases.

dirtysanta said:
Doesnt apply to this guy AFAIC. Anyone else I would of carried them on my shouldder to the hospital if neccessary the problem here is that no one on urban is aware of a nasty peice of shit this prick is. I will not, i repeat not display any form of decency to wankers like the one in question. Ive three years of history with this wanker. Ive been decent to him for 3 yrs. Iv been thru all the proper channels yet hes left to bully local motorists into handing over money. What kind of sick fuck leaves a women with two kids and a car clamp 1/2hr before she's meant to pick another one up from school just because her permits 3 days out of date despite the fact he knows full well shes entitled to park there. Its petty shit like that. Hes shown nothing but, comtempt for everyone on our street. Spiteful fucker.

ANYBODY else, DS? or do you have a sliding scale?

please clarify

dirtysanta said:

Being a wanker doesn't negate your rights to be treated like a human being.

Fruitloop said:
I'm just querying whether you're morally compelled to assist in all cases.

I think if you consider yourself to be a humane or decent person then the answer to this one has to be yes. IMO of course.

To clarify: there are two types of clampers, ones which work within the law, no matter how zealously. I'm not talking about those.
Then there are the few who work for private firms who make peoples' lives an absolute *misery* through nothing other than their insatiable greed. They don't care who you are, or what your financial circumstances are, or whether you need your car to work. They'll just clamp you illegally and ask for a sum of several hundred pounds to stop you from being towed. (I've seen with my own eyes £800 being quoted)
I am unapologetic about wanting these individuals to learn some hard lessons.

DapperDonDamaja said:
To clarify: there are two types of clampers, ones which work within the law, no matter how zealously. I'm not talking about those.
Then there are the few who work for private firms who make peoples' lives an absolute *misery* through nothing other than their insatiable greed. They don't care who you are, or what your financial circumstances are, or whether you need your car to work. They'll just clamp you illegally and ask for a sum of several hundred pounds to stop you from being towed. (I've seen with my own eyes £800 being quoted)

you're a posturing prick.

Orang Utan said:
There's a nasty bunch of cunts on this thread and no mistake.

but it's all RELATIVE, orang utan. i mean, maybe the clamper had nicked someone's sweets when they were kids. let him bleed to death, surely?

PacificOcean said:
Being a wanker doesn't negate your rights to be treated like a human being.

Thats not an opinion i share.
In that case if he shows signs of behaving like a human being maybe Ill extend him the courtesy treating him like one. Hes a fucking mongrel.

DapperDonDamaja said:

Is it just clampers you want the shit kicking out off? How about other drivers that piss you off? Staff at McDonalds that are too slow?

Let's all draw up a list of people we don't like and start going round beating them up.

Dubversion said:
no, you tool. the one to which you replied "what, are you my English teacher"

christ, you're more stupid than i thought.

and this is derailing the thread. go play with the buses.

you really are an idiot Dub.

Originally Posted by snadge
that I agree in, it is wrong bit it still doesn't make DS bad.

my answer agreeing with PacificOcean's view and that DS was wrong not to help

Dub says
that's not even a sentence.

My reply
so fuck, what are you now, my english teacher?

you were questioning the semantics of my posts well before that you clown, with your constant desire to be right all the time and have the last word.

DapperDonDamaja said:
If a clamping firm is behaving illegally then they should be dealt with within the law. Their employees should not be physically attacked nor should they be left lying injured in the street with no assistance offered by passersby.

i honestly think this is the most depressing thread i've ever read on Urban.

honestly. it fucking sickens me that there are so many nasty, vicious, vigilante-esque macho pieces of shit on here.

dirtysanta said:
Thats not an opinion i share.
In that case if he shows signs of behaving like a human being maybe Ill extend him the courtesy treating him like one. Hes a fucking mongrel.

Hes a car clamper not fucking Count Dracula!

snadge said:
you really are an idiot Dub.

snadge, you're a fucking moron and there are things on this thread that are genuinely upsetting. i'd prefer to focus on those rather than try and explain why you're incapable of actually maintaining a coherent argument.

dirtysanta said:
Including me ?

well my formerly high opinion of you has gone right out the fucking window.

there's no reason why you should care what i think of you - i'm just a poster on a message board, and i'm sure there's enough people on here who don't think that highly of me either - but for what it's worth, i think you've made yourself look like a nasty fucker.

sorry, but that's my heartfelt opinion.

Dubversion said:
i honestly think this is the most depressing thread i've ever read on Urban.

honestly. it fucking sickens me that there are so many nasty, vicious, vigilante-esque macho pieces of shit on here.

are you accusing me perchance, before you answer you should check this.

Back
Top Bottom