Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Canada, Alberta

Iqaluit is as far from Calgary as New York is from Denver or Belize so Serge Forward should be relatively safe from combative Arctic mayors.
Right, that's too fucking big to be a country. I've told my son I'd quite like a day trip to Nunavut, with me in the car saying "are we there yet?" He reckons it can't be done. I told him, not with that attitude. Canada needs to be made a bit more of a manageable size.

I generally like Islay and Skye whiskies - yer Laphroaig, Talisker and Ardbeg (the so called "tarry rope" one), some Speysides too... and Irish (though I only know of one peaty Irish - Connemara). I'm keen to sample the local rye and I'm sure I'll find loads of goodies there, enough to get proper kailayed :thumbs:

I generally like Islay and Skye whiskies - yer Laphroaig, Talisker and Ardbeg (the so called "tarry rope" one), some Speysides too... and Irish (though I only know of one peaty Irish - Connemara). I'm keen to sample the local rye and I'm sure I'll find loads of goodies there, enough to get proper kailayed :thumbs:
There’s loads of good booze here. The NY Mafia made a lot of money in the 20’s importing Canadian whisky.

There’s loads of good booze here. The NY Mafia made a lot of money in the 20’s importing Canadian whisky.

not just alot of money and not just nyc. it was basically the basis of the growth of US mafias. The Untouchables (Connery, Costner, Deniro) is a good watch.

Last edited:
not just alot of money and not just nyc. it was basically the basis of the growth of US mafias. The Untouchables (Connery, Costner) is a good watch.
My favourite book is The Godfather. Interesting time Prohibition.

footnote: puzo had been trying to make a living writing literary fiction and a sibling said "okay art-boy but I bet you can't write a bestseller" and mario said "hold my red wine" and wrote The Godfather.
Yep! Know that. I was on holiday with parents in the Med and my mum was reading it. I was bored so started reading it. We ended up fighting over it for most of the two week holiday! Amazing book. Someone once described it as an ‘airport lounge bestseller’ which offended me but i suppose it is. It’s a really fucking good one though.

Why did you tap your watch?
I was waiting for ages at the carousel.

So anyway, the customs woman has a sniffer dog and the dog is all over me. So she asks me if I've got anything. I said nowt that her dog would be interested in, unless it wants an apple. She looks at me all serious and says, you've got an apple? Apparently I'm not allowed to bring in fresh fruit and veg, so she confiscated it, and said I could be fined up to 1300 dollars for that :eek: Luckily she let me off. Phew.

So we had a blow out at Denny's, then got some rye from the liquor store... and I'm proper knackered now, so will shortly turn in.

I was waiting for ages at the carousel.

So anyway, the customs woman has a sniffer dog and the dog is all over me. So she asks me if I've got anything. I said nowt that her dog would be interested in, unless it wants an apple. She looks at me all serious and says, you've got an apple? Apparently I'm not allowed to bring in fresh fruit and veg, so she confiscated it, and said I could be fined up to 1300 dollars for that :eek: Luckily she let me off. Phew.

So we had a blow out at Denny's, then got some rye from the liquor store... and I'm proper knackered now, so will shortly turn in.
I love Denny’s. Lumberjack Slam FTW.

Jesus, I'm palatic now. Been drinking scotch, rye and bourbons with my son and his pal all night. Also went to a Cabelas store today and fully realised I'm not in Kansas any more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom