Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Can you name all the Tube, Overground and DLR stops?

bitd i had a reallu good friend in cockfosters and i used to ride the Piccadilly line for fucking hours and hours and hours.... rode it so much that at one point I could recite every stop from heathrow to cockfosters

happy to say i cant remember any of it now

Piccadilly-line-map.png

bitd i had a reallu good friend in cockfosters and i used to ride the Piccadilly line for fucking hours and hours and hours.... rode it so much that at one point I could recite every stop from heathrow to cockfosters

happy to say i cant remember any of it now

Piccadilly-line-map.png
what about the section from Acton Town to Uxbridge?

Gave up at 41.9%

Scored high in central london, and outer bits I used to use.

like most people, I expect.

There was a question on Tenable where they had to name every tube station with green in the name. I think I got four:

Bethnal Green
Green Park
Parsons Green
Wood Green.

I should have remembered Stepney Green and Kensal Green.

could probably get a reasonable score (although a lot of it is in strange places in north / west london) but really not sure i've got the energy to try...

I'm not sure that Dollis Hill exists. I have never been to Dollis Hill. I have never met anyone claiming to live or have been born there. Pictures of it on the internet look suspiciously generic.

This may apply to other parts of London as well, of course.

To this day I still discover stations that I never knew existed cos I've had no need to go there or past them. Places like like 'Upney', 'Totteridge and Whetstone', 'Ickenham' etc.

About the only ones I can remember without some kind of prompting are Kings Cross and Euston which are the only places I've ever come to London by and Charing Cross which I know is the one nearest to Trafalgar Square. This despite the fact that I have used the Underground every time I come to London and it is my main way of getting around when I'm there.

Last edited:
Got up to 68% and could possibly have got more, but it was getting to several minutes between me getting them and that's the limit of my patience. It's not like I would ever get all of the DLR or Elizabeth.
Screenshot_20231022-181143.png

Edit: 69% as looking at the map made me realise I do know the Bucks end of the Met a little.

I'm such a nerd and map geek that I really should be doing better than this. Hopefully it'll save my progress. I can see me doing this on buses to work every day.

Screenshot_20231022-181708~2.png

1697995115080.png

might have got a few more if i'd come back to it later.

most of the misses were either the essex end of the central line, the herts / bucks bit of the metropolitan line, and the bits of what used to be BR that are now on the orange lines in north east london. and what I still regard as the new bits of the DLR that weren't there when i lived in london.

not knowing what the heck heathrow central is called this week was annoying as well...

i did get 100% south of the river which is what matters

:p

Last edited:
Who knows the DLR? They're all made up new names aren't they?

I remember when it were all working-class estates round 'ere

Who knows the DLR? They're all made up new names aren't they?

I remember when it were all working-class estates round 'ere
Whenever I'm down in London I'll aim for the Docklands Travelodge so I'm better with the DLR than I thought, though I'm staring at some blank spots going "I hear you all the time over a long weekend, why has my memory foresaken me now?!"

I had dinner and went back at it to 73.6% but am pretty stuck now. The two on the Circle out to Hammersmith I can't get are really pissing me off. They're keeping me from 100%ing Zone 1/2. That and whatever the fuck is the stop before Battersea power station.

Edit: not spoilered because I'm assuming termini are pretty easy for most of us. And one of them is even in the name of the line.

Last edited:
I started on the northern line, got from morden to tooting bec - but it won't accept tooting bec, presumably the station's had a name change? So I'm done, it looks long and I suspect being 10+ years away I'll struggle with the new bits anyway :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom