Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Can you name all the Tube, Overground and DLR stops?

Also, don't forget to try adding 'town' 'central' or 'junction'

which leads in to the question - which place has the most stations with that place name in?

it's acton - central, town, main line, north, south, east and west. there's also an acton bridge station, but it's another acton up north somewhere.

I haven't spoken to him in years, but used to know Geoff Marshall who has held the record a few times. There's no question that he could name every Underground station, but I'm not sure the DLR and Overground ever captured his imagination quite as much. You know the sort of person - they have very specific likes and dislikes, and stuff that falls outside the area of interest may as well not exist.
I like Geoff Marshall - he did an excellent youtube series when he visited every railway station in England? He might have done the whole UK, but I loved that show!

which leads in to the question - which place has the most stations with that place name in?

it's acton - central, town, main line, north, south, east and west. there's also an acton bridge station, but it's another acton up north somewhere.
I briefly lived there :thumbs:

I have done really badly at this.
Even large sections of the Jubilee Line that I used to get every day for work.
I think it is party as wtfftw said that large parts of London are off my radar but I think it is mostly memory going.
A lot of them I can see the tube station in my head, inside and out but I just can't pull the name out. 🤦‍♂️
Also add in a large dose of terrible spelling and after spending too long last night doing this I am still only at 23.6%

54.8%😮‍💨
Lived and worked mostly in SE London - the area with the least number of stations. Grew up around the end of the Met line so have most of that and Elizabeth line out west
Worked in Dagenham for a few while but my knowledge north and east of Hackney is dire! Only have the end stops going north of Tottenham. the one visited most and also had forgotten the name of.. right next to the Roundhouse

Got up to 67% before I ran out of steam. No idea about most of the outer Lizard line ones and rubbish at the Met line and outer east District and Central lines. Oh and some of those fiddly Piccadilly line ones near Heathrow. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Chz
this was being discussed on radio london earlier.

they said something about
kentish town
and
iver
being missing

someone had mentioned the former on this thread before i tried it. i had been fairly sure that the latter was a station on the
lizard line
but it wouldn't accept it and didn't leave a blank where i thought it was, so i thought maybe it had been closed or something.

iver
being missing

someone had mentioned the former on this thread before i tried it. i had been fairly sure that the latter was a station on the
lizard line
but it wouldn't accept it and didn't leave a blank where i thought it was, so i thought maybe it had been closed or something.
That one is there. I got it.

i think they have fixed at least one of them today.
I know I tried the first one you mentioned (several times) and it didn't work. But I've tried it again now and it works.

I hadn't thought about the other one, but that works too!

So it looks like they've fixed both of those.

( I guess I have to take one of my tally now as I don't think I would have ever thought about the second one if it hadn't been for your spoilered post)

kentish town
and
iver
being missing

lizard line
It also has

Kensington

listed (which doesn't exist), as well as the four stations with that in their names.

High Street Kensington
Kensington, Olympia
South Kensington
West Kensington

It also has

Kensington

listed (which doesn't exist), as well as the four stations with that in their names.

High Street Kensington
Kensington, Olympia
South Kensington
West Kensington
That's odd. It accepts the first one you listed but I can't see that it's added anything to the map and it certainly doesn't appear on the list of stations I've named so far.

That's odd. It accepts the first one you listed but I can't see that it's added anything to the map and it certainly doesn't appear on the list of stations I've named so far.
I played with a private browser to reset things. It accepts it as a miss-spell of Kennington. You're allowed to be a letter out, I've noticed.

I played with a private browser to reset things. It accepts it as a miss-spell of Kennington. You're allowed to be a letter out, I've noticed.
Ah, that makes sense! I'd already got that one which would explain why it said 'already found'

I remember typing another one incorrectly earlier but it accepted it. (one of the airport ones)

I bet I can name every train station in Devon though.

Barnstaple
Chapelton *
Umberleigh
Portsmouth Arms *
Kings Nympton *
Eggesford
Lapford *
Morchard Road *
Copplestone
Yeoford *
Crediton
Newton St. Cyres *
Exeter St Davids
Exeter Central
St James Park
Polsloe Bridge
Digby and Sowton
Newcourt
Topsham
Exton *
Lympstone Commando *
Lympstone Village
Exmouth
Pinhoe
Cranbrook
Feniton
Whimple
Honiton
Axminster
Exeter St Thomas
Marsh Barton
Starcross
Dawlish Warren
Dawlish
Teignmouth
Newton Abbot
Torre
Torquay
Paignton
Kingswear
Totnes
Ivybridge
Plymouth
Devonport
Dockyard
Keyham
St Budeaux
Bere Alston
Bere Ferrers
Okehampton
Tiverton Parkway

*request stops

Defunct stations which regular services pass through but never stop at include Churston Ferrers, Sampfrod Courtenay and Bow.

Chapelton is Devon's least popular railway station.

I have been to Yeoford. It was difficult to buy a ticket for it in London. I was told I wanted to go to Yeovil. I insisted I didn't. Eventually they looked it up, and gave in.

When I got there, the bloke running the B&B said that less forceful people had been sent there.

Exactly, it says you've already added it, but it's not on the map.

The Kentish Town issue was driving me potty this morning - I suspect it got missed because the station is long-term closed atm because they're replacing the escalators but I am glad they fixed it because on little sleep when I was doing it this morning I fair thought I was losing my marbles :D

Reactions: Chz
I'm currently on 61.9%, even if I don't get any more I feel suitably proud of myself.
This is why I don't have room in my brain for remembering useful stuff, it's full of this sort of thing.

100% of the Jubilee Line, annoyingly close to finishing the Victoria Line, it's only a short line it shouldn't be this difficult :mad:
I've never been on the lizard line so don't have much of a hope in hell really other than knowing where it terminates in the west and guessing at place names out that way :D

I'm at 60.5% (less the one I accidentally read in a spoilered post).

I've got some annoying gaps that I should know but apart from those I think I've more or less exhausted my knowledge of the Tube and Overground network.

I know I tried the first one you mentioned (several times) and it didn't work. But I've tried it again now and it works.

I hadn't thought about the other one, but that works too!

So it looks like they've fixed both of those.

( I guess I have to take one of my tally now as I don't think I would have ever thought about the second one if it hadn't been for your spoilered post)
I couldn't get it to accept Kings Cross at all. (And I tried various permutations.)

I couldn't get it to accept Kings Cross at all. (And I tried various permutations.)

there isn't an underground station called kings cross

it's kings cross st pancras

and it doesn't seem to bother about apostrophes, or lack thereof, which is probably just as well - there's at least one underground station where the apostrophes on the platform signs aren't consistent.

No me neither.
I have started to doubt myself as whether some places ever existed at all :D
Me too. Or I put in the name they're known by which isn't the actual name.

Like Notting Hill which is actually Notting Hill Gate. Took me a while to work out why it didn't work. :oops:

there isn't an underground station called kings cross

it's kings cross st pancras

and it doesn't seem to bother about apostrophes, or lack thereof, which is probably just as well - there's at least one underground station where the apostrophes on the platform signs aren't consistent.
I tried with and without an apostrophe but bloody St Pancras didn't even occur to me :facepalm:.

Back
Top Bottom