Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Can you be covid positive for only 3 days?

mod

A modernist
My daughter started feeling unwell on Thursday last week. Since then...

Friday: Negative test
Saturday: Positive test (I done two to be sure)
Sunday: Positive test (I done two to be sure)
Monday: One negative test. Tried another one which was positive but the positive line was very faint.
Today: Negative test (I done two to be sure)

Meaning she's only been positive for 3 days. I've never heard of this.

Had anyone else experienced this?

Yep. Me.

First symptoms: Sunday night
Monday evening test: negative
Tuesday morning: strong positive
Wednesday: strong positive
Thursday: weak positive
Friday: negative

I had very mild symptoms (sore throat was the first symptom, also lots of snot and sneezing, a cough that hurt a bit, and feeling spaced out) that were already going away by the Thursday. Aside from a niggly dry cough, which lasted a couple of weeks, I was basically fine by the Friday.

Last edited:
Yep. Me.

First symptoms: Sunday night
Monday evening test: negative
Tuesday morning: strong positive
Wednesday: strong positive
Thursday: weak positive
Friday: negative

I had very mild symptoms that were already going away by the Thursday. Aside from a niggly dry cough, which lasted a couple of weeks, I was basically fine by the Friday.

Thanks. Really good to know.

There was some super antibody person who cleared the virus in less than a day. Their father was in hospital, they had it but tested negative by PCR. It wasnt until the hospital did an antibody test they saw theyd already recovered and had antibodies 1000s of times over normal levels.

Reactions: Ax^
There was some super antibody person who cleared the virus in less than a day. Their father was in hospital, they had it but tested negative by PCR. It wasnt until the hospital did an antibody test they saw theyd already recovered and had antibodies 1000s of times over normal levels.
How many handed is this information? :hmm:

Not saying it's not true, but given the dismal mess we've had from official sources, I think we should be really cautious about 'surfed the floors all the way down the tower to survive 9/11' (ish ish) type stories.

Thanks for the link :)
Its actually super intetesting huh?

I guess it's quite likely the guy was ill for more than 3 days before the hospital visit. But I guess this was before vaccinations. I dont see why if some people can fight the virus off without actually getting it, others couldnt get a very low level infection with low viral load which they recover from within a few days. Seems relatively common with some folk.

I'll be able to tell you soon!

Monday: "Hmm, a sore throat, best get the Buttercup Syrup going."
Tuesday: "My nose hasn't been this blocked since m-cat. Best combine Buttercup Syrup with cough sweets."
Wednesday: "Hmm. This cough is quite harsh isn't it. Best drink really strong tea."
Thursday: "COVID positive confirmation. Day One."
Yesterday: "My cough has softened and yet my nose isn't going to help any drug habit I might wish to return to anytime soon. Day Two."
Today: "I'm so bored of being stuck inside that I might stick forks up my nostrils and glue hot plates to my feet. Don't have a cough anymore. Day Three."

If I'm negative tomorrow, I'll be enjoying the Bank Holiday I've missed like a dog with two bits I know that much.

Back
Top Bottom