Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brockwell Lido Breakfast Club 2010

Does anyone know when they close for the season? I've pretty much gone indoors now but wouldn't mind a last dip if it's not too late.

And in a rather lovely leap of good faith, Fusion have extended all swimming memberships to run until the 17th :) The pool is closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays though.

It's (probably) my last ever lido swim this Sunday :(

October 17th.

Lovely news - I'd thought it was the end of September :)

Might fit in a few more swims now I've realised it seems a tad less freezy on mild rainy days (like today) than sparkly cold days like yesterday :eek:

In other good news, they've finally fixed the steam room...

Did anyone go to the AGM and if so how was it?

Not missing it nearly as much as previous years now I've gone back indoors. There's a lot to be said for warm water.

Farewell Tricky, I hope you enjoy the move...

Ah, cheers. All settled in amongst the Essex wilds ons the coast. I'm in London once a week still, and actually pass the lido. The feedback I heard online about the AGM was positive. Talk of an April until the end of October season next year, a major repair to the pool surface and better communication from Fusion. Thankfully my annual question of "why should users have to pay twice to swim in pools owned by Lambeth Council?" was put forward on my behalf ;)

The answer this year was apparently that the funding isn't in place to support a universal leisure card. I note with interest that the Lambeth Labour election manifesto back in May pledged: "Free swimming for every resident..." :rolleyes:

Cameron's Big Society innit. We'll be required to carry around a small thimble of water each, and then together we can make a swimming pool.

Few of us thinking about doing the winter swim tomorrow at midday if anyone would like to join... Nipsla/Memespring - I'm looking at you.. Rubytoogood?

Well you're all a bunch of big softies... I did it!! Wasn't even that cold.....

.... well maybe a little bit cold.

AND I got a certificate! *proud*

I did a few strokes - not a leisurely 1000m or anything!

It's not really a swimming event though is it? Just turning up and getting in is a pretty good achievement I think!

It was good fun - there's a real sense of camaraderie.

Also I was surprised at how many really quite young children there were doing it.

no... they were hot... both inside and outside - it was all rather well organised!

There was a LOT of women inside the changing rooms but most just skipped the showers for their clothes. I was going straight out afterwards so had a shower. It wasn't as bad as I thought (that worry had crossed my mind) partly because I sprinted for a shower - also as the outside ones were going you could warm up immediately in a few seconds before going inside where it was warm anyway.

Many many more participants this year than when I last did it (which I think was the first year it was done).

I've done a mini hunt of this thread and the rest of the Brixton sub forum, but with no avail.

Does anyone have contact details for Lido / Fusion management, or is that an impossible thing to ask for? There's an occasionally working enquiry form on the website, but I want to speak to a person, not a screen.

ta

Back
Top Bottom