Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

Surprised BHF accept any CRT tvs at all to be honest.

If it's too big to carry, get a lift to Vale Street free recycling, or club together with other neighbours for a street collection - first four items £20.

Or if none of those appeal, maybe smash it up and put it in your bin.

Surprised BHF accept any CRT tvs at all to be honest.
If it's too big to carry, get a lift to Vale Street free recycling, or club together with other neighbours for a street collection - first four items £20.
Or if none of those appeal, maybe smash it up and put it in your bin.
I was surprised too - but they are.
Smashing up is definitely illegal - mercury and other contaminants involved.
I shall just have to cultivate a friendly car owner.

Aye. So is leaving it on the street - where it will probably get smashed up! So of the two - better in the bin, I say.

Check Vale street opening times. They are open all weekend so close one or two days in the week. I regularly forget this. :facepalm:

Aye. So is leaving it on the street - where it will probably get smashed up! So of the two - better in the bin, I say.

Check Vale street opening times. They are open all weekend so close one or two days in the week. I regularly forget this. :facepalm:

They're closed Tuesday and Wednesday. I literally just walked past there :D

couldnt you find someone to remove the innards and recycle as trendy shabby chic fish tanks or terrariums :thumbs:

hello. wondering if anyone knows someone who can help with a bit of garden clearance/ tidying - breaking up some concrete and removing it, taking up a large tree stump, removing old grass/ laying new turf and fitting a new fence? thanks.

Can anyone recommend a good solicitor and/or accountant who can advise on the move from sole trader to Ltd company? Not for me, but for Mr sparkybird who business is online retail.
Thanks

Can anyone recommend a good solicitor and/or accountant who can advise on the move from sole trader to Ltd company? Not for me, but for Mr sparkybird who business is online retail.
Thanks
I use a retired accountant who is the mum of a friend of a friend. I have emailed her to see if she is in the market for new clients and will let you know.?

Does anyone know a good glazier or locksmith (?) - not sure what I need really. We have folding patio doors that were put in maybe 5 years ago. The doors (frame, handle etc) were imported from Poland by the chap who did the work. He's since gone off radar. My husband managed to break the door handle off recently, when the doors were closed, so there's no way of opening them. It's proving impossible to source a new handle. Have had one quote to replace the whole thing - new doors, new glass etc - but it's ££££s and there must be a way of just fixing the lock/handle.
Any advice v gratefully received as a bit stuck.

Does anyone know a good glazier or locksmith (?) - not sure what I need really. We have folding patio doors that were put in maybe 5 years ago. The doors (frame, handle etc) were imported from Poland by the chap who did the work. He's since gone off radar. My husband managed to break the door handle off recently, when the doors were closed, so there's no way of opening them. It's proving impossible to source a new handle. Have had one quote to replace the whole thing - new doors, new glass etc - but it's ££££s and there must be a way of just fixing the lock/handle.

I've found Kingseal in Clapham very helpful in the past.
Kingseal Windows

It shouldn't be necessary to replace the whole lot just because the handle's broken! And depending on exactly what's broken it might be a fairly simple DIY job. Can you post a photo of the broken handle?

Put it on freecycle. There might well be someone who thinks they might use it for something some day. Then it can sit cluttering up their house for the next 10 years instead of yours :thumbs:

Reactions: CH1
ROOFER needed. Roof is leaking in my bedroom. Does anyone have the details of someone good that wont cost the earth? I'm just off Brixton Hill. Thanks in advance.

Storm Imogen has done for a panel in our back garden fence. Does anyone have any recommendations for someone who could fix it please?

ROOFER needed. Roof is leaking in my bedroom. Does anyone have the details of someone good that wont cost the earth? I'm just off Brixton Hill. Thanks in advance.
I used these: very quick and didn't try to quote for a whole new roof when I just needed a repair (unlike some other local firms)

Back
Top Bottom