Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

I'm having trouble getting grass to grow in my back garden and am considering artificial grass. Has anyone had it done? Understand the costs and recommend anyone?
I thought about having it for similar reasons but a friend has some and I don't think it looks great. It looked alright when they first got it but is hasn't worn too well IMO. I'm now thinking of going for a meadowy grass area now.

Hello everyone. Just joined up to the forum as I will be moving to Brixton from Camberwell. I am a carpenter/builder with a small company. Check out my website:
WS Joinery and Construction.com to have a look at my work.
Tel: 07846731489
I will be happy to come and have a look at any jobs you may need doing, large or small. Very reliable with a long list of references if you need!
Thank you, Will Shaw.
Hi will,
Need some floor to ceiling cupboards built in hallway and kitchen and wondered if this was your thing?
Let me know
Thanks
Stephen

With the closure of Diamond Merchants where is the best place locally for domestic plumbing supplies?

Last edited:
They are only moving a bit further down Acre Lane towards Clapham Jangleballix - just ring 'em up and ask them when they're changing over and when you can get into the new site. I think it was going to go where the funeral parlour is/was - call them and check 020 7737 3244

I have a pigeon infested balcony at a flat in Stockwell Park; looking for handyman who can carry out a deep clean and source / hang pigeon netting. Any suggestions?

You could try Tony Lee on 07961453395. He's done my garden and a few on Urban I think. Really nice chap (does like to chat!). He is sometimes away, so if he doesn't return your call first time, do give him another go.
Tony just did my back garden. We decided on gravel as it's shady and the grass never grew. I'm so happy with the result. Tony is great, very nice bloke and trustworthy. I was holed up in hospital when he worked on my garden. Highly recommend him. Thanks sparkybird.

Hello there. Looking for a handyman or carpenter to put up some shelves in alcoves either side of chimney breast. Any recommendations? Ta

Hi
Does anyone know of a builder we have water seeping through an external wall can't work out from where or how?

Does anyone know a good painter and decorator??
I can recommend Jovaner without reservation. He recently finished painting all of the outside of our Victorian house ie woodwork, masonry & gutters/down-pipes and carried out a quite exceptional job. We have had it done a few times since we moved here just under 20 years ago, but I can honestly say that for the first time it looks spanking brand new again! Window frames that were rotten in places have been restored to their original condition; sash windows that only opened with an effort now run up and down smoothly; cracks that were still visibly filled can no longer be seen; pipes were all removed, rubbed down, sealed and painted before being put back. We had a problem with a section of the wall outside the lounge (paint flaking in places and falling off) that no-one has ever got to the bottom of - until now. Because his preparation is so thorough, after sanding the painted masonry properly Jovaner discovered a number of small (and not so small) cracks that allowed water to get into the brickwork. He explained how the bricks 'suck up' the water and proposed an affordable solution (filling the cracks and then applying a flexible paint-on rubber strip along the base of the house). Jovaner takes a real pride in his work which he approaches with a care and professionalism I have never come across before. It still puts a smile on my face to go outside and see what he's achieved! I'm so pleased we chose him from all the quotes we obtained, after seeing one of the recommendations on another site. I am happy for Jovaner to give my name and number to anyone who is considering whether to use him. You can phone Jovaner on 07450 985602.

Hi there can anybody recommend a good locksmith / chippie who could fit two supplied 3 lever deadlocks into two internal wood doors. Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Oh, sorry about that - I bumped into him about 6 months ago and he said he was taking semi retirement but was still doing small jobs. Maybe the new house is more work than he thought! I guess he didn't recommend anyone?

Oddly enough, just had a text from another carpenter - I thought he'd stooped working in the area, but he confirmed he still does - nice chap
He's more of a cabinet maker, nut might be helpful for someone here and he might do the locks if he's in the area

Contact

Oh, sorry about that - I bumped into him about 6 months ago and he said he was taking semi retirement but was still doing small jobs. Maybe the new house is more work than he thought! I guess he didn't recommend anyone?
Not to worry thanks for the heads up I'll try your other guy and let you know how I get on. No he didn't but sounded like a nice guy and sorry he couldn't have helped.

Back
Top Bottom