Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

I need someone to refurb some patio doors.

It's a four pane curtain door and it needs to be stripped, sanded, filled and repainted, and potentially the lock adjusted as it sticks. And some of the wood at the bottom of one pane on the outside has come off.

Any ideas!?

I am looking to remove a chimney breast from an upstairs and downstairs room. Any one able to recommend someone please?
Can't recommend anyone but make sure that they are able to deal with the building control and structural calculation side of things (unless you have someone else lined up). You will almost certainly need a new steel in the ceiling from front to back of the room to pick up the weight of the remaining chimney (it could possibly go in the loft or you could consider removing your half of the stack entirely and repairing the hole in the roof). Worth discussing with neighbours first too and recording condition of their side with photos in case of damage (the brickwork at the back of the flues is often totally unstable once the front is removed, so cracks may become visible). It is quite normal for perfectly reasonable neighbours to suddenly notice cracking which has been there forever! If you have to repair the back wall you may need a party wall agreement (strictly speaking).

Thanks for the heads up but they don't do it - for any price it would seem - get a chippie was their recommendation. A developer / builder mate of mine has finally offered to do it for a meal out but tis difficult to get anybody.Went on rated people offering a ton for two locks (around two hours work max - no-one can be bothered to qoute).

Sorry about that

Ok I need

someone to replace a cooker hob for me_ pref and supply it

Hang two internal wooden doors

Put up some blinds and curtains

Fix some masonry holes in my front outside wall,

Fit a carpet runner on the stairs

Some of those jobs are more important than others. ;) If you have any recommendations for any of them please let me know
Thanks

are there any carpenters out there who can do an emergency job on part of the set for a theatre show can pay £20 per hour

Hi everyone...can anyone recommend a local cafe/restaurant/caterer who will do finger food for a small drinks thing at my flat in Brixton Hill, for a reasonable price?

Hi everyone...can anyone recommend a local cafe/restaurant/caterer who will do finger food for a small drinks thing at my flat in Brixton Hill, for a reasonable price?

Mimosa in Herne Hill are excellent.

Hi there. I need a plumber to replace a dodgy radiator valve (and probably drain the system at the same time). Can anyone recommend before winter? Thanks!

Anyone have a recommendation for small building job - sorting out front steps, re building a small wall, some re pointing. Thanks.

Warning. Hot potato.

Can anyone recommend a local cleaner who could handle Airbnb change overs? Would include bed making and ironing. Needs to be able to work without a lot of guidance and speak decent English or Spanish.

Irregular work depending on when bookings come in.

Can anyone recommend a roofer?. Just some repair work.
Colin Walters. CPW roofing. cpidesign [at]aol[dot]com
He put a new roof on for us (in 2011), having patched it up for a few year before that. It hasn't fallen apart yet, which I view as a good thing
He is based in Cheam so may not be able to travel specially for a small job, but you may be able to schedule for if/when he is in area

Back
Top Bottom