Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

Hi,
Can anyone recommend someone/company for bathroom installation? Have seen B&Q offer an installation service so be good to know if anyone have used before.
Looking at replacing toilet/basin unit with new as well as retiling floor.

Hi

Not sure if you found anyone, but you could try my plumbers if you are local
Len 07956 877376 or
Andy 07769757218

Both do get quite booked up, so hope you're not in a hurry!
SB

Can anhyone recommend a heating engineer please? Our boiler needs servicing, plus the wireless thermostat is playing up.

can anyone recommend a dressmaker? I have a few things that need doing that are beyond my skills but more that the kind of alterations you can get done at the dry cleaners.

Thanks

I need to replace some privacy curtains - a bit like net curtains I suppose. Basically a square of fabric, seam down each side and folded over top and bottom so that rods can be threaded through. Simple enough I guess but not really my skill set! Any recommendations?

I need to replace some privacy curtains - a bit like net curtains I suppose. Basically a square of fabric, seam down each side and folded over top and bottom so that rods can be threaded through. Simple enough I guess but not really my skill set! Any recommendations?
Can't you consult the curtain shop in the arches opposite the Rec - before or after you visit the NR exhibition and give them the benefit of your expertise.

Morleys? They do ready made nets you just have to thread onto the hanging cord, so may do the same thing. If not, the shop next door to what was This That and the Other (soon to be Knowles of Norwood) in Tulse Hill do made to measure curtain stuff.

Yes, Morleys do net curtains. You choose your pattern and it comes in different lengths, one of which will hopefully fit your window. Most of them are a bit old lady-ish though.

I usually get the ones from Ikea, and you can also get iron on hemming tape to shorten them.

Yes, Morleys do net curtains. You choose your pattern and it comes in different lengths, one of which will hopefully fit your window. Most of them are a bit old lady-ish though.

I usually get the ones from Ikea, and you can also get iron on hemming tape to shorten them.
Cheers. I think the material I am replacing may be from Ikea. Can't remember. Sort of a sheer linen.

I'm sure it's been asked many times before (probably by me before) but can anyone recommend a gas safe plumber who can do new gas installation work?

Might anyone recommend a glazier to replace a small broken window in an old metal frame? Thanks in advance.

I use a firm called Southside Mgt, to manage my properties. They always end up with cheaper quotes and better work than when I have tried sourcing. Worth calling them and ask if they have recommendations. I needed a ceiling and coving replaced. One company named on this thread quoted 4000 I got it for 1800, plus a repainted if the room!

I use a firm called Southside Mgt, to manage my properties. They always end up with cheaper quotes and better work than when I have tried sourcing. Worth calling them and ask if they have recommendations. I needed a ceiling and coving replaced. One company named on this thread quoted 4000 I got it for 1800, plus a repainted if the room!
thank you!

IMB construction was the firm who replaced ceiling , supplied scaffolding etc. based in Chingford, on Southside recommendation. It's probably against guidelines to name the guys who I have used for others worked who ar recommended on the site. So do your research. But honestly Southside have consistently provided lower quotes, so I put them on to manage. I'm not affiliated they charge me 10 percent to manage. But always gave free recommendations before. Best of luck! I'm in sunny Sydney in the pub just now. Hope your not lashing down in my West Norwoid!!

Anyone know a good and reliable tradesperson in Brixton or surrounding area that can fix this for me?

12313695_10153670756710937_5132613548987871080_n.jpg

"You could try Carrie Andrews 020 8670 0342. She's in Tulse Hill"
I've just had Carrie fix my loo. Highly recommended. Another complicated job she sorted easily with minimum fuss.

Back
Top Bottom