Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

does anyone know a key cutter able to cut secure keys no questions asked? Landlord's agents will want to charge me for all new locks plus admin fees!

does anyone know a key cutter able to cut secure keys no questions asked? Landlord's agents will want to charge me for all new locks plus admin fees!
The one in reliance arcade did for us. Mind we had to get it done twice as he first key was so badly cut it didn't work, and he wouldn't refund, but it cost so little we didn't really mind

A small bit of our guttering has popped out, it's a small job and I wouldn't know who to ring. Any suggestions?

can anyone recommend a tidy builder for some indoor work - creating doorways, moving plasterboard walls etc
cheers

edit must be able to give genuine quotes!!!

Need to get deep clean / end of tenancy clean done on a 1-bed flat - any recommendations?
Not used them for a while but a company called Clean n Gone have always been pretty reliable - not cheap. Worth using someone who has experience with end of tenancy cleans as it is usually a higher standard than normal (although it rarely has to be better than it was at the start of the tenancy).

Can anyone recommend me a decent firm of builders for some major layout type work. It may mean knocking down walls etc so proper ones with insurance would be good! Cheers :)

Thanks. Do you know what he looks like? I've a feeling I know him.

Yeah, I've used him a couple of times, 15 years apart. He's great. He did some work for Tricky Skills recently which went down well iirc.

Not sure I want to try to describe what someone looks like on a public bulletin board though! He lives in New Solon Rd. if that helps.

Yeah, I've used him a couple of times, 15 years apart. He's great. He did some work for Tricky Skills recently which went down well iirc.

Not sure I want to try to describe what someone looks like on a public bulletin board though! He lives in New Solon Rd. if that helps.

Yep - SUPERB work. Great price, highly professional for what is a very messy job. Left the flat spotless.

Dishwasher has broken. Light comes on but it says it needs water. There's a little clicking sound but nothing happens. Anyone know someone who will fix a dishwasher, our home will collapse under a pile of dirty washing up otherwise?

Dishwasher has broken. Light comes on but it says it needs water. There's a little clicking sound but nothing happens. Anyone know someone who will fix a dishwasher, our home will collapse under a pile of dirty washing up otherwise?

The Spin Doctor.

+44 7921 777428

I think I've used him before for something, but thanks for the reminder as I didn't remember.

Mr nags has fixed it for now, hopefully it holds.

Could Mr. Nags come round here? Ours is broken too and the Spin Doctor is on holiday :(

Could Mr. Nags come round here? Ours is broken too and the Spin Doctor is on holiday :(

Probably not, he's a lazy sod really. You would have thought he'd built the Pyramids from the moaning he did afterwards. Sorry, I felt twitchy every time I walked into our increasingly messy kitchen.

I've just been let down by a poxy cleaning company :mad: Supposed to be coming tomorrow to clean my carpet and 3 &2 seater sofas. Does any one know anywhere that does deep cleaning that are reasonably priced that cover Brixton? Thank you.

Just had some work done to the front our our house in Brixton by a P&D firm. We were told it would take a 'team' 8 working days. One guy turned up and it took him 5 days. The cost based on this was astronomical and the Director got rude and threatening when we suggested that there was plenty of 'snagging' to do. The work is so average but in the end we paid just to get rid of him and as soon as the cash cleared I got a stream of abuse via text! Beware!

Just had some work done to the front our our house in Brixton by a P&D firm. We were told it would take a 'team' 8 working days. One guy turned up and it took him 5 days. The cost based on this was astronomical and the Director got rude and threatening when we suggested that there was plenty of 'snagging' to do. The work is so average but in the end we paid just to get rid of him and as soon as the cash cleared I got a stream of abuse via text! Beware!
Name and shame!

Happy for individual contact if anyone is interested but I do not want a brick through my window! Just letting people know to really dot the i's and cross the t's with certain folk out there.

Hey all, very short notice but need cheap man and van for a quick job. Should not take more than 1 hour. Need washing machine and 2seater sofa moved from Somerleyton rd to Rushcroft road but ideally after 6pm. Need it done by tues night latest.
Also need a spark to come install electric cooker. Brand new, Currys were supposed to install but the fella could not do it and his severe lack of English left me none the wiser to why! Feel free to call me on 07831467844. If ya dont get an answer drop a text and will get right back to you. Thanks folks x

Back
Top Bottom