Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

Does anyone know any upholsterers? We have a settee which, on the main, is good but the seat needs reinforcing and the join between two cushions has come undone.

I'll give her a call today and let you know how I get on.

While I've never met you, I wouldn't have had you down for the caravanning type.

Mostly it is static in a field in Wales with an occasional festival outing, if the field is dry enough to get out out!

Mostly it is static in a field in Wales with an occasional festival outing, if the field is dry enough to get out out!
I had my heart well and truly broken by a Transit campervan in 2007. I still haven't got over it.

I got in touch with the upholsterer. I think it might have been the main person's husband. He's from Belfast so I like them already.

Hi, I need a bunch of heavy pictures and a big mirror hung up in my flat. This is well beyond my meagre DIY skills so I need to find someone to do it for me. Does anyone know of a tradesman who will do this, or a handyman service that takes on that kind of job?

Hi, I need a bunch of heavy pictures and a big mirror hung up in my flat. This is well beyond my meagre DIY skills so I need to find someone to do it for me. Does anyone know of a tradesman who will do this, or a handyman service that takes on that kind of job?
Can't recommend anyone in particular but there are lots of "DIYer on scooter" services out there for that kind of thing. Just Google handyman london.

Can anyone recommend a decent plumber? I suspect our shower unit has a leak somewhere and as a result, our downstairs neighbors have water seepage into their flat from above. I think the leak is coming from from pipes or poorly laid tiles from our shower unit.

Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a decent plumber? I suspect our shower unit has a leak somewhere and as a result, our downstairs neighbors have water seepage into their flat from above. I think the leak is coming from from pipes or poorly laid tiles from our shower unit.

Thanks!
I had a leak and found a guy called Andy from a recommendation on this thread - was very good.+44 7769 757218

No, all fine. But I guess if it's tiles not pipes it might not be his thing.
It's really annoying to have a leak so hope you get it sorted.

Looking for someone to do some tiling. It's a small fiddly job but I'd like it done properly :)

Have tried Bob Savage but he never came back to me. Thank you.

M

Just had thespindoctor - http://www.londonspindoctor.com/ round to fix what I thought was a broken washing machine and really happy that he was able to solve the problem in under 20 minutes...

I'm now interested in finding a plumber who can fix a blocked pipe. Water is reversing into our washing machine from the sink and I'm looking for some help to stop it happening.

Just had thespindoctor - http://www.londonspindoctor.com/ round to fix what I thought was a broken washing machine and really happy that he was able to solve the problem in under 20 minutes...

I second the recommendation. We had him out on tuesday as our venerable (i.e. 14 years old!) Hotpoint washer wasn't pumping out. Turned out to be a blocked filter and blocked waste pipe, but he sorted it all out in 40 minutes! Worth the money (£45, if people are wondering, which seems to be the norm).

Does anyone have a number for an electrician? I've PMed Sparkybird but it is a bit urgent as fridge/freezer have had no power for getting on for 24 hours and various other kitchen things have stopped working too. Grrr, it would have to happen Easter weekend wouldn't it...

Does anyone have a number for an electrician? I've PMed Sparkybird but it is a bit urgent as fridge/freezer have had no power for getting on for 24 hours and various other kitchen things have stopped working too. Grrr, it would have to happen Easter weekend wouldn't it...

Matt

07726 857040

Back
Top Bottom