Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

how much is a small skip for 24 hours or so would anyone say?

You are likely to need a licence if it is going to be on the highway and that makes it more expensive. If so, a cage lorry which can wait whilst you load is often cheaper if you can manage it.

You are likely to need a licence if it is going to be on the highway and that makes it more expensive. If so, a cage lorry which can wait whilst you load is often cheaper if you can manage it.
In Lambeth skip companies have to do licences themselves (I as a punter can't do it) and include it in the price.

that's really useful to know. I have some garden rubbish and no car. There's also a drive way which might make it cheaper
thanks manter and rushy for the info

Hi.
I run The Spin Doctor Appliance Repairs. I can repair / Service / Install Washing machines, Dryers, Dishwashers and Ovens. I am local to Brixton and have 22 years experience. Please get in touch for free advise or a quote. Follow me on twitter for my Top Tips of the Day! @brixspindoctor
thespindoctor1000@gmail.com
www.londonspindoctor.com
Thanks
Steve

I have seen your car/van around and it always makes me smile

In Lambeth skip companies have to do licences themselves (I as a punter can't do it) and include it in the price.

Yes. Getting a licence is their responsibility and they include it in the price - if it is on the highway. They don't have to include it in the price if it is not on the highway. Skip companies get fined/disqualified for doing wait and loads. Cage lorries do not.

would like to recommend CW Pluming came round to look at my boiler friendly talked through the workings, wanted to only charge me £40 but gave him the full agreed rate as like how he went about his work. Local to Brixton too.

If anyone needs a glazer then Good News Glazing are well worth a phonecall for South London and possibly beyond.

http://www.goodnewsglazinglondon.co.uk/

Their bloke replaced some broken panes for me last week and was far cheaper than the next cheapest quote. He was very thorough and satefy conscious, sweeping up/hoovering both inside and out before he left.
can second this recommendation- turned up 8am the following day, quick, cheap, thorough.

would like to recommend CW Pluming came round to look at my boiler friendly talked through the workings, wanted to only charge me £40 but gave him the full agreed rate as like how he went about his work. Local to Brixton too.

He charged me £70 for 15 minutes boiler work a couple of years ago.

Anyone had their freehold valued for leaseholder enfranchisement purposes?

My mate recommended someone local who did a valuation for him but the guy says he doesn't do that kind of work :hmm:

Anyone had their freehold valued for leaseholder enfranchisement purposes?

My mate recommended someone local who did a valuation for him but the guy says he doesn't do that kind of work :hmm:
yup- we did at the last block of flats. But it was the freeholder who provided the valuation, not us- we'd only have valued it to disagree. And it was Lambeth and they drastically undervalued so we just said "yes please thankyou" as quickly as possible :D

Do you work for Barratts and did you say to Lambeth that your existence would be financially unviable if they asked for the true value?
darn, wish I had thought of that :D

It was just common or garden lambeth-incompetence on this occasion. Bless 'em

Any more and recent recommendations for plumbers? My toilet seems to have some sort of leak so not a huge job.

Any more and recent recommendations for plumbers? My toilet seems to have some sort of leak so not a huge job.
I used Franscesca Bruno - recommended on previous page. I think she is honest and knows her stuff. Just don't get her talking about her time with British Gas...

I used Franscesca Bruno - recommended on previous page. I think she is honest and knows her stuff. Just don't get her talking about her time with British Gas...

Do you have her phone number, I can't see it on her Twitter profile?

I got quotes from a few plumbers a while back for a boiler installation:

John Yoofoo from http://www.jrplumbinglondon.co.uk/ - seemed a good guy, communicative, good price. Would have gone with him if it wasn't for the fact that he wasn't a registered installer of the boiler type I eventually chose

Robert Robinson, 07868561543, Double R Gas Services, seemed a friendly chap, also communicative, and is local I think

JK Millar, 07956365866, he was a bit more expensive but seemed like a conscientious guy who would do a good job

In the end I went with Oli Cox, 07740469363, he can be a bit hard to get hold of sometimes but was reliable and efficient once we arranged the work etc and he did a decent job.

A painter and decorator anyone? Need a complete repaint of a 2 bed flat. Speed not so much an issue, but quality and a decent price.

Ta.

Back
Top Bottom