Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

Does anyone know a decent plumber in the Camberwell or Brixton area? We need the radiators reconnected and hot water sorted out.

I am thinking of buying a wall-mounted drop leaf table from Ikea but I don't know if the wall I'd like it to go on is suitable to support it.

I live in SE22 and here is the pic of the table:

Can you recommend anyone who can give advice and perhaps fit this table? Thank you.

Does anyone know a decent plumber in the Camberwell or Brixton area? We need the radiators reconnected and hot water sorted out.

john 07787796149 based in honor oak, works all over london....been using him for years...reliable, honest and doesnt cost an arm and a leg.....does all building and plumbing jobs.

I am thinking of buying a wall-mounted drop leaf table from Ikea but I don't know if the wall I'd like it to go on is suitable to support it.

I live in SE22 and here is the pic of the table:

Can you recommend anyone who can give advice and perhaps fit this table? Thank you.
I bought one of those tables a few year back. Screwed it onto the wall with rawplugs etc. Fell off after a while. Screwed it back on in a different place. Fell off again. Problem is that people are going to lean on it, so unless it's for light use only, I wouldn't recommend it.

I bought one of those tables a few year back. Screwed it onto the wall with rawplugs etc. Fell off after a while. Screwed it back on in a different place. Fell off again. Problem is that people are going to lean on it, so unless it's for light use only, I wouldn't recommend it.

This did cross my mind and what you said actually made me think that it's not a good alternative for the property I live in anyway. I'll have to find someone who can make a small table I guess. Thank you, B.

I'll have to find someone who can make a small table I guess. Thank you, B.

It's now been replaced by one of these 'tv dinner' tables. If this would do, it's cheaper than getting one made.
images

My boiler is playing up. It decided last night to not work and so Mrs B, baby B woke up freezing.

Can anyone recommend a reliable boiler repair man to sort out my combi boiler.

Thanks!

Benzo

My boiler is playing up. It decided last night to not work and so Mrs B, baby B woke up freezing.

Thanks!

Benzo

Colin at CW plumbing (search this v thread) is lovely and reliable. He is however VERY busy at the moment (I know cos I'm trying to get him round to do some stuff for me).

Thanks!

Benzo
Have used JR Plumbing in Norwood for years, can recommend them for your boiler.

Any recommendations for doing underfloor insulation. It's kind of a dirty job and not that big so I'm not sure any of the builders I know would be interested in doing it. Mr nags says he'll do it but I can't see that happening and our house is freezing since we pulled up the carpets.

Any recommendations for doing underfloor insulation. It's kind of a dirty job and not that big so I'm not sure any of the builders I know would be interested in doing it. Mr nags says he'll do it but I can't see that happening and our house is freezing since we pulled up the carpets.
I used this guy in the last place
http://www.007handyman.co.uk

I know, I know...:facepalm:

For the same job or just generally?
I got him to do some skirting board that I hadn't got round to doing, level and insulate the floor in one bedroom and rebuild a cupboard that had been destroyed by a boiler issue. Little jobs it wasn't worth getting someone else into- our 'proper' builders would be expensive for something like that

I wouldn't do UFH unless your house is properly insulated (double glazing and insulated walls) or you are installing it in a concrete slab.

Thanks!

Benzo

john 07787796149 been using him for years, honor oak based, works all london.

I need to get some work done on my Iveco daily campervan (electrics\clutch cylinder\exhaust) etc...can anyone recommend a good mechanic or garage? thanks:)

I wouldn't do UFH unless your house is properly insulated (double glazing and insulated walls) or you are installing it in a concrete slab.

I don't want underfloor heating, just underfloor insulation. We've removed the carpets and the wooden floor lets in a lot of cold. We don't have double glazed windows, bit by bit.

I don't want underfloor heating, just underfloor insulation. We've removed the carpets and the wooden floor lets in a lot of cold. We don't have double glazed windows, bit by bit.
I was on my way to bed. Must have been thinking about how cold my own underfloor heating is! :D

Leatherworker/Tailor/Seamstress?
I'm looking for someone to do repairs on a (very heavy-duty) leather coat - does anyone have any suggestions?
Cheers.
Well, it took a while, but I found someone.
M & H Dry Cleaners
16 Camberwell Church Street, Camberwell
London, SE5 8QU
Tel 020 7277 0406

They did a very good job, for a very, very reasonable price.

This is a bit of an emergency, but can anyone recommend a decent plumber who is good with leaking pipes? Neighbor downstairs has told me that water has suddenly trickled down from their roof which happens to be directly under my bathroom.

Thanks!

Gas safe guy (also does regular plumbing)- very reliable, no nonsense and top quality work - just fitted my new boiler

Based in Beckenham, so might not travel too far into London, but does do SW2

- Paul Dove 07855766615

Hello - can anyone recommend a good plumber for SW2? a suspicious patch has appeared on the ceiling below the bath..

Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom