Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

There is a really awesome handyman in South London, he does such a good job at a very, very reasonable price. Try to contact him, his name is Antony, email antony.handyman@gmail.com Not sure how good he is in plumbing, he did some other job for me.

check with Lambeth repairs first - the LA I work for, does replace taps.
I was thinking that, too. I work for a housing association so it's slightly different, but we rewasher taps, replace ones that are beyond repair etc. If your disability is making it particularly difficult, I'd mention this, too.

Cheers for the advice and contacts, all of youse. I've spoken with Lambeth Living (after a bit of a trawl through their website to find out who's responsible for what) and a contractor is supposedly going to call me later to make an appointment to change the taps.
If that doesn't go well (and this is Lambeth, so...:( ), I'' use one of the contacts to get it done.

Thanks again, kind people!

Cos I'm silly and have left it to the last minute when I knew it was starting to go flaky. Came home from a weekend away to find it not charging. No laptop means no TV, and I was half way through a Summer Heights High marathon. Boo.

I ordered new lead late on Wednesday night from Ebay. Have just received it. :p

Bit pissed off as it's shorter than previous lead and the reason I fucked up previous lead is because it was shorter than original lead and I tripped over it and obviously pulled some wires :(

Can anyone recommend a plumber in the SE22 area who isn't madly expensive for bank holiday call out? (bath leaking into downstair's flat!) Thanks!

Hello - can anybody recommend a builder who might be able to 'do up' a garden. I've got a postage stamp sized garden that I want paved with some raised beds and landscape gardeners are giving me silly quotes, therefore I was considering getting an 'all job' type builder on it. I'm up Brixton Hill if anyone can think of a suitable person. Thank you in advance.

You could try Tony who did my garden - new path, beds, planting, etc. Nice job. He's on 07961453395. Say that Donna recommended him

my tenents are complaining of the kitchen cupboard doors about to fall off.

Anyone know a joiner who might be interested in tryiong to extend the life of a 1989 fitted kitchen? I don't want to put a new kitchen in just yet, and having major works at childbirth time is probably not my tenent's prefered option. The flat is on the Isle of Dogs (E14); not Brixton, but not too far away.

The "proper" builders that usually do stuff seem to think this is too small a job for them.

07787796149 john.....builder/plumber etc...totally recommend him, sorted out my whole house for last ten years...based in forest hill but works all over London.

07787796149 john.....builder/plumber etc...totally recommend him, sorted out my whole house for last ten years...based in forest hill but works all over London.

Is he registered gas safe for boilers, whatever it is these days?

I found ratedpeople.com helpful when I got someone to plumb in my washing machine. Basically the guy fucked it up and without the threat of bad feedback I seriously doubt he would have come back to sort out his mistakes.

Looking for 2 tradespeople -
1. someone who can prepare & sand floorboards for a job starting on or v soon after 20 June;
2. experienced kitchen fitter who knows the ranges at the trade places and can advise on layout and best use of available space (hoping to do work in July but wld need consultations before that).

Cheers, Graham

So the driver of my streetvan has let me down as his card is no longer valid since they changed to zipcar or whatever it's called. I know have no way to fetch the wardrobe I'm being given on the other side of Brixton. I want to hire a man with a van but not a big moving van like Leno's. Any ideas?
Who did you use in the end nagapie? And how big is Leno/Lino's van?

Anyone else recommend a man with a van?

Who did you use in the end nagapie? And how big is Leno/Lino's van?

Anyone else recommend a man with a van?

I used some number off the internet, didn't even bother to keep it really as there are 1000s of people doing the same thing. Leno's van was a typical moving van so pretty big. What do you want to move?

Leno's van was a typical moving van so pretty big.
I've no idea what a typical van is :D, only ever hired transits and moved myself, this is for a few big bits of furniture.
Bee - I'm a member of streetcar and can get a van for an hour or two if it's not a big job.
it would only be one run, but not sure the streetcar vans are big (long) enough, also needs to be sat or sun.

Back
Top Bottom