Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

So the driver of my streetvan has let me down as his card is no longer valid since they changed to zipcar or whatever it's called. I know have no way to fetch the wardrobe I'm being given on the other side of Brixton. I want to hire a man with a van but not a big moving van like Leno's. Any ideas?

boiler service time again. I lost the number of the guy I was using before and can't find him again. :(

Anyone used anyone good recently?

Hi,
I need a pair of taps removing, and a new pair installing. I've tried doing it myself, but arthritis and peripheral neuropathy in my hands mean I can't really get enough of a grip on the tap spanner to unfasten the (very corroded) nut.

Preferably reasonably-priced too, as I'm an impoverished crip (and before someone says "you're a council tenant, they'll do it!", they won't, taps are the tenant's responsibility). :)

Try Shygirl. She has a knows a handyman. Though not sure how reliable he is. Never got back to me.

Get three quotes around the town centre and let them know that's what you're doing - bread and butter work, they need it, let them compete on price.

Hmm, not sure whether my first request fits into this or not:

I need a new laptop power pack thing for an Acer laptop. The Curry's website doesn't seem to have anything less than £50.

Is there anywhere else in Brixton? I'm not sure whether the Games place opposite the new TK Maxx does that sort of thing?

And the next one - a carpet fitter for SW2. How much do they cost? Some friends have recommended the place under the awnings on Atlantic Road...

Hmm, not sure whether my first request fits into this or not:

I need a new laptop power pack thing for an Acer laptop. The Curry's website doesn't seem to have anything less than £50.

Is there anywhere else in Brixton? I'm not sure whether the Games place opposite the new TK Maxx does that sort of thing?

Can't you order from ebay?

My lead went on my Samsung and I got a new one from Ebay for around £10

And the next one - a carpet fitter for SW2. How much do they cost? Some friends have recommended the place under the awnings on Atlantic Road...

While you're there you might as well ask the phone guy at the entrance of BV if he so happens to do laptop chargers.

I can't recommend it but the first arch on Atlantic Road (from Brixton Rd) does 'laptop repairs' - as well as being a minicab office :hmm:

Can't you order from ebay?

My lead went on my Samsung and I got a new one from Ebay for around £10

Cos I'm silly and have left it to the last minute when I knew it was starting to go flaky. Came home from a weekend away to find it not charging. No laptop means no TV, and I was half way through a Summer Heights High marathon. Boo.

Cos I'm silly and have left it to the last minute when I knew it was starting to go flaky. Came home from a weekend away to find it not charging. No laptop means no TV, and I was half way through a Summer Heights High marathon. Boo.

I think mine came within two days

my new one's bollocked. remote control is currently sitting on it to keep it in plce while it chrges

Hmm, sort of. Went to that place London Calling recommended, under the awnings on Atlantic Road who were great. However the bloke in front of me bought their last universal adaptor just as I was walking in. Very friendly and helpful; they've ordered more stock for me.

Argos had nothing under £50 and the other phone shops don't sell them. I had to power up and old mac where half the keyboard doesn't work and watch things that didn't include the letter 'l' instead.

Hmm, sort of. Went to that place London Calling recommended, under the awnings on Atlantic Road who were great. However the bloke in front of me bought their last universal adaptor just as I was walking in. Very friendly and helpful; they've ordered more stock for me.

Argos had nothing under £50 and the other phone shops don't sell them. I had to power up and old mac where half the keyboard doesn't work and watch things that didn't include the letter 'l' instead.

:D

Can't you copy and paste an 'l' from something else.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L