Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

There is a really awesome handyman in South London, he does such a good job at a very, very reasonable price. Try to contact him, his name is Antony, email antony.handyman@gmail.com Not sure how good he is in plumbing, he did some other job for me.
Can anyone else vouch for Antony? I need someone to replace the cable between my aerial and the sitting room because of interference caused by passing cars, which I presume is caused by a shoddy cable, but I live in a three-floor house and there is no way in hell that I am going up on to the roof.

Gas safe guy (also does regular plumbing)- very reliable, no nonsense and top quality work - just fitted my new boiler

Based in Beckenham, so might not travel too far into London, but does do SW2

- Paul Dove 07855766615

How much were you for a new boiler and fitting? when i had mine serviced the guy said 'start saving for a new one'. I've a two bed flat with only 4 radiators. People are saying £3k which seems a lot.

How much were you for a new boiler and fitting? when i had mine serviced the guy said 'start saving for a new one'. I've a two bed flat with only 4 radiators. People are saying £3k which seems a lot.
i think british gas do a price plan thing if that helps. 40 a month or something. more bloody money! hate boilers.

I'm using James Bartlett. He's very local (and only works local) and has the most incredible geeky in-depth knowledge of boilers. He'll get to the heart of your problem (and enjoy it) rather than give up and replace the whole thing, or do unnecessary work.

Paul Dove (as above) did mine in Jan - the price which included quite of lot of new pipe work re-jigging and a power flush was just under £2,500 incl. I have a lot more rads -(just counted - 13 - eek no wonder my bills are so huge!), but I don't think this would add much to the price - it's the boiler that's the expensive bit! Mine's not a combi boiler though, so not sure if this makes a difference

Hope this helps

Hello - does anyone have any recommendations for a plasterer? It's not a big job in itself (replastering the bathroom ceiling after upstairs had a leak) although I wouldn't mind some advice on various bits and bobs too (mainly why another ceiling is cracking and whether there's something I should be doing about it).

Cheers!

I need someone to pull up about 7 trees. I thought a gardener would do it but from speaking to a couple, it seems I need a tree surgeon. Please recommend me a tree surgeon or anyone who has done something similar for you.

I know this was posted a long time ago but my friend Sam has just set-up as a Tree surgeon in the area if anyone else is looking for a tree surgeon:

Sam: 07796 178233
sam@lemurtrees.com

Just had a great gas engineer/plumber doing my annual gas service, Francesca Bruno, she can be contacted via twitter
https://twitter.com/PlumbingTips_

Yes she just came and did mine! What a brilliantly efficient and quirky gas engineer [Italian - er, obvs a woman - and after coming up to look at my wild roof garden took away some healthy young nettles to make soup from and gifted me a lemon balm plant!] Highly recommended...

I could do with a couple of recommendations, if anyone is able to help. Firstly I need a plasterer. I'll try Ron mentioned already but if anyone knows any others that I could try that would be useful. We also need someone to repair the render around our windows and the window ledge prior to decorating. Any recommendations for someone who can do that? Finally we also need an electrician.

Thanks

I could do with a couple of recommendations, if anyone is able to help. Firstly I need a plasterer. I'll try Ron mentioned already but if anyone knows any others that I could try that would be useful. We also need someone to repair the render around our windows and the window ledge prior to decorating. Any recommendations for someone who can do that? Finally we also need an electrician.

Thanks
Can't do the sparky but Bob Savage could do the first two. 07816 010223

Ron the plasterer was my recommend, but I another person I gave his no. to had trouble getting hold of him... so if you do too, you could try Patrick on 07940 391 983

Not sure if it's against forum rules, but my name sort of gives my trade away... if you need an electrician, pm me and I'll send my no

john 07787796149 based in honor oak, works all over london....been using him for years...reliable, honest and doesnt cost an arm and a leg.....does all building and plumbing jobs.

I can now vouch for John. Gave him a call at 7pm the other day when our washing machine pipe sprang a leak. He was here at 9pm, couldn't fix it, came back the next day and fixed it. All for his £40 callout charge.

If anyone needs a glazer then Good News Glazing are well worth a phonecall for South London and possibly beyond.

http://www.goodnewsglazinglondon.co.uk/

Their bloke replaced some broken panes for me last week and was far cheaper than the next cheapest quote. He was very thorough and satefy conscious, sweeping up/hoovering both inside and out before he left.

I need several tonnes of garden waste (soil/rubble/concrete) shifted from my garden - anyone know of a good waste removal company? I can arrange for it to be loaded.....

Hi, can anyone recommend a solicitor that is good at house stuff, but not charge an arm and a leg, within SE London? I need to extend the lease of the flat I bought a while ago, which means negotiating with the leaseholder.

I need several tonnes of garden waste (soil/rubble/concrete) shifted from my garden - anyone know of a good waste removal company? I can arrange for it to be loaded.....
we used a skip company- if you have someone to load it seems to work out cheaper. These guys were reasonable Jet Skips 7 Gloucester Road, Croydon, CR0 2DH
  • Tel: 020 8405 0374

I can now vouch for John. Gave him a call at 7pm the other day when our washing machine pipe sprang a leak. He was here at 9pm, couldn't fix it, came back the next day and fixed it. All for his £40 callout charge.

he came and fixed my tap the other day - and saved me having to buy a new one - would recommend him

we used a skip company- if you have someone to load it seems to work out cheaper. These guys were reasonable Jet Skips 7 Gloucester Road, Croydon, CR0 2DH
  • Tel: 020 8405 0374
how much is a small skip for 24 hours or so would anyone say?

how much is a small skip for 24 hours or so would anyone say?
they hire them by size not time- I think you get any skip for up to 5 days and if you fill it before that you call them and they come and take it away. We had a very large one for 3 days and it cost us £350 ish

Back
Top Bottom