Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

Does anyone know any good (but reasonably priced) electricians? I've just moved into a flat that needs a few minor things doing to it.
Thanks

Yes, I have tried but unfortunately she's busy until beginning of November and I need work done before then, if poss. Any other recommendations?

Anyone know a decent locksmith in Brixton? Not urgent- we have a garden gate that is locked and the key is down a drain :facepalm:

Anyone know a decent locksmith in Brixton? Not urgent- we have a garden gate that is locked and the key is down a drain :facepalm:
Have you tried the magnet tied to a piece of string tactic? This worked for me when I dropped my office keys down the lift shaft.

Have you tried the magnet tied to a piece of string tactic? This worked for me when I dropped my office keys down the lift shaft.
It's irretrievable- involves builders, rubble and the removal of an outdoor toilet. Part of our never ending 'the house is falling down round out ears' saga :)

We need a new lock with multiple keys, rather than the rusty single one we got with the house :D

It's irretrievable- involves builders, rubble and the removal of an outdoor toilet. Part of our never ending 'the house is falling down round out ears' saga :)

We need a new lock with multiple keys, rather than the rusty single one we got with the house :D
OK, well I have used Fortress Locks on Brixton Hill.

Can anyone recommend a fridge repairer? Mine is becoming unbearably noisy.
The washing machine, oven, dishwasher guys don't seem to do them...

Thx, will give them a call
I've used Fortress a few times over the years and I'd strongly recommend them. Last time I used them they suggested a solution which cost much less than I was originally planning to spend with them.
On Friday a neighbour called them when she was locked out of her flat. They used a sort of 'robot' arm to get through the letter box and open the Yale lock (the Chubb wasn't locked). I find this impressive, but disturbing.

I need a carpenter to come and check whether a couple of doors are '30 minute fire doors', and give me a quote for replacing them if necessary. Any suggestions?

Loft conversion? Who are you using?

Thanks sparkybird.

I'm trying to sell my flat and the buyer's solicitor is making a big deal of a fire risk assessment (of a communal area I don't even have access to). They won't exchange until its confirmed that 2 other flats upstairs have 30-minute fire doors, or at least a commitment from the RTM (i.e. me) to install them. The insurance company didn't seem bothered so I dunno why its such a big issue.

Hi
I need recomendations for people who can provide quotes for the following

check a soft spot on floor by a doorway from hall into living room. Investigate as there may be a weakness in that part of the floor and fix.

Hi, I need some shelves put up at my flat. It's not a huge job - two sets sof about 5 floating shelves, floor to ceiling - but they will kind of dominate my lounge when finished so I need someone who will do a decent job. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Hi, I need some shelves put up at my flat. It's not a huge job - two sets sof about 5 floating shelves, floor to ceiling - but they will kind of dominate my lounge when finished so I need someone who will do a decent job. Does anyone have a recommendation?
Gary at BWS is fantastic- we've got him to do shelves and cupboards in three rooms now, plus he fixed our floor and installed bannisters for us.
07817 118 479. He's incredibly busy, but the finish is really good, so worth the wait

Gary at BWS is fantastic- we've got him to do shelves and cupboards in three rooms now, plus he fixed our floor and installed bannisters for us.
07817 118 479. He's incredibly busy, but the finish is really good, so worth the wait

Did my own. Easy as pie!
ara7e4a5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom