Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

Any recommendations for someone to do a few bits and bobs, mainly interior painting and decorating, but ideally also able to lay new carpet?

Gary at BWS is fantastic- we've got him to do shelves and cupboards in three rooms now, plus he fixed our floor and installed bannisters for us.
07817 118 479. He's incredibly busy, but the finish is really good, so worth the wait
Thanks so much. I will definitely give him a call.

Any recommendations for someone to do a few bits and bobs, mainly interior painting and decorating, but ideally also able to lay new carpet?
07833797148 Rob - can totally recommend him for the decorating and painting, been using him for years, reliable and honest and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

07931174245 Errol - if Rob is busy, can also recommend him, have had both doing rooms in my house.

Don't know if the lay carpet - but if they don't, they'd know someone who does.

Looking to hire / borrow (?) a chainsaw or something similar for this Sunday. Need to hack down some overgrowth in the garden. Any recommendations locally please?

Ta.

@Brixspindoctor on Twitter is popular. Lives Elm Park

Washing machine broke yesterday - so I'll called this chap out - he was nearby so he visited within 10 minutes. took a brief look at the sad state of my machine and declared my hoover machine dead and unmendable. Didn't even charge me - which I thought was decent of him.

He recomend we buy a Bosch machine as they are fixable and parts are available.

Washing machine broke yesterday - so I'll called this chap out - he was nearby so he visited within 10 minutes. took a brief look at the sad state of my machine and declared my hoover machine dead and unmendable. Didn't even charge me - which I thought was decent of him.

He recomend we buy a Bosch machine as they are fixable and parts are available.

That was good of him

That was good of him
Seems lots of people on the net though Bosch was the way to go too, so we bought one. Rang spin doc, last friday, and he arrived later that day which was good it being so close to holidays. Got him to remove old one and fit new one, he even help me carry old one outside. Very nice and efficient. Standard fee of £45. Would recommend him.

Seems lots of people on the net though Bosch was the way to go too, so we bought one. Rang spin doc, last friday, and he arrived later that day which was good it being so close to holidays. Got him to remove old one and fit new one, he even help me carry old one outside. Very nice and efficient. Standard fee of £45. Would recommend him.

I've got a Bosch

I tried contacting norwood fencing recently via email and didnt get a reply :(

I think they are a bit old skool.... by the looks of the website - try calling
I still know a few tradespeople who don't use email and the wife answers the phone at home!

Does anyone have a recommendation for someone relatively local who has done a good job on fitting a plastic or metal front (or other) door? Our wooden one has been swelling up for months, and now I fear I'll be able to leave the house each time I need to!

I think they are a bit old skool.... by the looks of the website - try calling
I still know a few tradespeople who don't use email and the wife answers the phone at home!

I called them. The chap came round promptly and was very pleasant and knew what he was talking about. However we can't really afford to do the work so mr nags did a botch job instead, for now.

Does anyone have a recommendation for someone relatively local who has done a good job on fitting a plastic or metal front (or other) door? Our wooden one has been swelling up for months, and now I fear I'll be able to leave the house each time I need to!
Do you mean you need a door drip/ rain deflector. They are about a fiver + postage on eBay in aluminium or upvc and relatively easy to fit......
E2a I misread your post but a door drip may be a economical way to sort it out without getting a new front door....

Last edited:
Do you mean you need a door drip/ rain deflector. They are about a fiver + postage on eBay in aluminium or upvc and relatively easy to fit......
E2a I misread your post but a door drip may be a economical way to sort it out without getting a new front door....
Thanks for the idea, but the door is unfortunately rotten and swollen. Basically we need a new door, and a person to fit it! And possibly also sort out our makeshift panel we used for the back cat flap, which is now going mouldy after all the recent rain. :(

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a painter/decorator- to paint a couple of rooms indoors and also to paint outside window frame s& sills?
Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a painter/decorator- to paint a couple of rooms indoors and also to paint outside window frame s& sills?
Thanks!
i can recommend rob if you're in south london...07833797148 .been doing mine for years now, reliable and honest and a nice bloke.

Just wanted to throw in another recommendation for Sparkybird who came round and fixed my troublesome living room lights this afternoon. She did a v efficient job and I am now no longer ruining my eyesight by typing in the dark :D

You could try a chap who's been recommended to me by another electrician friend of mine - his name is Shaun 07968 988141. I've not used him/met him but I trust my mate's judgement.....

If you do contact him, let me know how you get on as good plasterers seem to be thin on the ground at the mo!

Judging by the absence of response on the last few 'plasterer' requests, I'm guessing Brixton has a dearth? Need one for a ceiling patch up - once it's dried out of course! Cheers, in hope.

Anyone know a decent plasterer?

You could try a chap who's been recommended to me by another electrician friend of mine - his name is Shaun 07968 988141. I've not used him/met him but I trust my mate's judgement.....

If you do contact him, let me know how you get on as good plasterers seem to be thin on the ground at the mo!

Judging by the absence of response on the last few 'plasterer' requests, I'm guessing Brixton has a dearth? Need one for a ceiling patch up - once it's dried out of course! Cheers, in hope.

:hmm:

Manter did you find a plastererer?

Back
Top Bottom