Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

HI everyone

Anyone got a recommendation for a big van and man ? (he doesn't have to have big, but it might help!) - will need 3.5 or 7.5 tonne job to move a whole load of boxed up stuff out of London

thanks

SB

HI everyone

Anyone got a recommendation for a big van and man ? (he doesn't have to have big, but it might help!) - will need 3.5 or 7.5 tonne job to move a whole load of boxed up stuff out of London

thanks

SB

This guy helped me move recently - super helpful, friendly, not asking a million 'how many flights of stairs/how many boxes' type questions... Also we made a second trip which he didn't gripe about at all - highly recommend him

Daniel Girma removals :

07534 364167

Found him through anyvan.com btw, didn't know him from Adam before!

Recommended him to another urbanite before by pm who never even bothered replying!

Anyone know a jobbing builder/skilled handyman?

I need part of an outside loo taking down- I'm just not strong enough to do it myself :-(- and it's concrete base breaking up, but one wall left standing. So it needs a brick saw and a pneumatic drill rather than just brute force....

Anyone know a jobbing builder/skilled handyman?

I need part of an outside loo taking down- I'm just not strong enough to do it myself :-(- and it's concrete base breaking up, but one wall left standing. So it needs a brick saw and a pneumatic drill rather than just brute force....

Give Graeme a call - he is lovely, cheap and excellent:

http://www.cargobikehandyman.co.uk/aboutus.html

Can someone recommend me a handyman for some painting/a few small DIY jobs please?
Where abouts are you?
I have a couple of great guys repairing some serious internal plaster and wall cracks (after subsidence) and repainting most of my house. I think they are based in East London, but I am in Croydon (I'm not sure they would usually be willing to travel so far).
I'm not sure they would do the smaller DIY bits, depends on what they are.

Tulse Hill, so I'm not sure it would be worth it for them as it would be no more than a day's work.

Thanks though.

I need someone to repair some plaster/masonry at the top of our house as we have damp coming through somehow and there are some serious cracks up there. It will require scaffolding I think.

Turns out it needs re-rendering and some repointing also required. I've got one quote coming but if anyone can recommend someone else that would be great.

I also need to talk to someone about a possible (small) extension, which would also involve moving the kitchen. :)

Hi all

Looking for a recommendation for someone who can sand and varnish a floor, plus replace a couple of knackered floor boards.

thanks

SB

W
Turns out it needs re-rendering and some repointing also required. I've got one quote coming but if anyone can recommend someone else that would be great.

I also need to talk to someone about a possible (small) extension, which would also involve moving the kitchen. :)
Will text you details.

Hello all, there are a lot of plumbers recommended on here - but from 12-18 months ago - can any one recommend one for my errant boiler?

"John 07787796149 based in honor oak" seems to get every body's approval?

I'm in Brixton / Herne Hill naturally

Hello all, there are a lot of plumbers recommended on here - but from 12-18 months ago - can any one recommend one for my errant boiler?

"John 07787796149 based in honor oak" seems to get every body's approval?

I'm in Brixton / Herne Hill naturally

Peter Lennard
07941 174331
07501 144426
Lives on Arlingford rd by Brockwell Park

Excellent guy.

I need someone to repair some plaster/masonry at the top of our house as we have damp coming through somehow and there are some serious cracks up there. It will require scaffolding I think.

Make sure you have identified and fixed the actual source of the damp, rather than just repairing the damage it's caused and then rendering it over, only for it to start happening again.

Make sure you have identified and fixed the actual source of the damp, rather than just repairing the damage it's caused and then rendering it over, only for it to start happening again.
:confused: It's coming in through the cracks in the render, which is only at the top of the house. When the rain is really driving, which is was for much of this winter, it seeps through.

:confused: It's coming in through the cracks in the render, which is only at the top of the house. When the rain is really driving, which is was for much of this winter, it seeps through.
Ok. I just meant that it could be getting into the wall via, say, the roof, as it's at the top of the house. The cracks in the render could very well be a consequence of the damp, rather than the other way round. Just a thought. You have a better picture of the whole situation than I do, though, of course.

Ok. I just meant that it could be getting into the wall via, say, the roof, as it's at the top of the house. The cracks in the render could very well be a consequence of the damp, rather than the other way round. Just a thought. You have a better picture of the whole situation than I do, though, of course.
Definitely not the roof. The guy who went up there is a roofer as that was my original thought.

I need 4 or 5 strong persons to help me lift a shed a short distance across my garden .. shouldn't take more than half an hour or so if it all goes according to plan!

Any recommendations/suggestions much appreciated

Hi, I'm looking for an electrician to sort out our dodgy hob and oven, anyone know anyone? There are a few listed but they're a bit older And the numbers don't work! Many thanks!

Hi, I'm looking for an electrician to sort out our dodgy hob and oven, anyone know anyone? There are a few listed but they're a bit older And the numbers don't work! Many thanks!

Sparkybird, of this manor, is an electrician. Alternatively, @thespindoctor (Twitter) fixes domestic appliances.

07833797148 Rob - can totally recommend him for the decorating and painting, been using him for years, reliable and honest and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

07931174245 Errol - if Rob is busy, can also recommend him, have had both doing rooms in my house.

Don't know if the lay carpet - but if they don't, they'd know someone who does.
Had Rob over to paint my bathroom yesterday and today and he's done an excellent job. Would recommend.

Hello, I'm looking for a h/man to fix two v/blinds; put some new slatted shelving into an airing cupboard; unsrew and fix three CD towers to the wall; take down a couple of glass shelves from the bathroom and refix; and take a grabrail from my bathroom and refix in new flat. Moving in next Wednesday, 9 May, so need someone quite quick. Ta, anticipation.

Back
Top Bottom