Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton supermarket & pub inflation watch

Morrissons had a Fathers Day offer on bottled ales on 17th-18th June - all manner of ales were reduced to £1 per 500mL bottle.
Now we pay for it - the only cheapie left is Mann's Brown Ale 2.8% @ 99p
Next tier - the el crappo 3.5% stuff like Hobgoblin Fire Eater, Marston's Lancaster Bomber now comes in at £1.25 - a hefty 25% increase on the previous £1, which had been held for a year.
"Normal" branded beers have now shot up form £1.80 to £2.25 - also a 25%. increase.

This is after they were pleading poverty to the House of Commons select committee into price rigging.
I guess Tim Martin will be pleased - Morrissons bottled ale is now only 1p cheaper than the guest Ales at the Kentish Drover!

I am a Coop member but prices in their shops keep going up. The two bottle deal on beers has now gone up again.

I was in Waitrose today in Clerkenwell. They stock all the Waitrose value lines. Unlike Coop shops. Which it appears that its up to the franchise manager of each Coop shop how many Coop cheaper products they have.

Im getting less impressed by Coop it is not doing enough to give customers cheaper value.

Its saying something when Waitrose is a better deal than Coop.

Back
Top Bottom