Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Splash 2016 cancelled over complaints and safety concerns

For the record, the Splash founders were Pat of the Albert and Tony Fab. The first meeting about Splash was those two plus two police officers. Other 'founders' came on board after that, as Tony can confirm if anyone asks him.
"victory is claimed by all, failure to one alone"

Not entirely sure how that applies to Splash but it did royally piss me off the way the board consistently tried to misrepresent the facts about how the event started and grab all the credit for themselves.
it's a rough translation from a part of (the) Agricola by Tacitus, which is a book about his father in law (Gnaeus Julius Agricola). it's probably the origin of the assertion that if something is a success a bunch of people claim it, and if it's a fuck up then just one person usually gets the blame. also known as "success has many (100) fathers, failure is an orphan"

Is it really necessary too publish my home address. Yes i know it variously available but Im a uncomfortable with it and it place my family in a vulnerable position. I'll be publishing my views on Brixton Splash shortly, but of we could remove my home address Id be grateful.

Not entirely sure how that applies to Splash but it did royally piss me off the way the board consistently tried to misrepresent the facts about how the event started and grab all the credit for themselves.

Consistently? When were these consistent misrepresentations? It was brought to our attention at the time and we amended our narrative accordingly. The only one who appears consistently offended is you.

Could it be that Lee Japser is the person who was at the recent meeting with the council ?
(I haven't a clue am just guessing, but from the link above it seems he was very seriously on the case about the financing side of Splash, which Lambeth would like).
Nope I were'nt there.

Last edited:
Consistently? When were these consistent misrepresentations? It was brought to our attention at the time and use amended. The only one who appears consistently offended is you.
Yes, consistently. It was pointed out to the board many times and nothing changed for a long time, with the dishonest, airbrushed version continuing to be presented on the website. It's all very well documented, btw.

Brixton Splash continues to airbrush its founder from the event’s history
Brixton Splash continues to airbrush its founder from history (160 post thread)

I simply raise the issue to point out that you are entirely wrong and prosecuting what appears to be largely personal agenda. Let it go ...

Last edited:
If you're incapable of reading the content of the links, then there's no point bothering with this discussion. The facts are there, and you are wrong.

One article posted twice? Is that it? And all an ancient rehash of a debate nobody but you is interested in. Sad really...

I simply raise the issue to point that you are entirely wrong and prosecuting what appears to be largely personal agenda. Let it go ...
Not personal just factual. So, again, I ask you: can you list the years that Pat's name appeared on the Brixton Splash website, please?

One article posted twice? Is that it? And all an ancient rehash of a debate nobody but you is interested in. Sad really...
You're not even reading anything are you? One is a separate article, the other is a 160 post thread, with many contributions from other posters.

Can we delete this please.

Unfortunately, as you will be well aware; holding a registered role in a limited company means that your personal data is available to the public via the Companies House website. Deleting it from here, still doesn't remove it from the internet.

Unfortunately, as you will be well aware; holding a registered role in a limited company means that your personal data is available to the public via the Companies House website. Deleting it from here, still doesn't remove it from the internet.

True, however I know other members personal details are listed on other sites for the same or similar reasons but we don't allow them to be posted around the forums do we?

I think I conceded as much in my request where I asked for it to be taken down.

Fair point.

It's in the FAQs;

Legal stuff and Privacy
  1. Libel/defamation. There are civil and criminal laws against certain forms of speech like libel, defamation of character, harassment and threats. Please contact us if you see any such content. It is the prerogative of any poster who feels any laws have been violated to pursue legal action. Posters are responsible for what they post, and should realise there may be serious consequences for illegal behaviour.
  2. Suicide threats/threats of violence: The admin at urban75 will always contact a poster's ISP if we think there's the remotest chance that they may come to harm/harm others.
  3. Privacy. Please respect people's privacy and refrain from posting up any personal details without their permission. Remember that anyone can read these boards so never give out any personal details you're uncomfortable sharing with the world and never take people at face value: there's some right dodgy types out there. Please notify the mods if you are being hassled. Do not piss about with user names or refer to people by their real names (unless they already appear in their user name, of course).
  4. Private Conversations (PCs). It is not acceptable to post up the contents of a private conversation on the boards. Anyone using the PC facility to send out abusive, threatening or spamming messages can expect a warning/ban. Please report dodgy PCs to the mods using the Report option under the PC.
  5. Cookies. See the Urban75 Cookies page for more info on the use of cookies on Urban75
Terms of Service and Rules | urban75 forums

It's in the FAQs;

Legal stuff and Privacy
  1. Libel/defamation. There are civil and criminal laws against certain forms of speech like libel, defamation of character, harassment and threats. Please contact us if you see any such content. It is the prerogative of any poster who feels any laws have been violated to pursue legal action. Posters are responsible for what they post, and should realise there may be serious consequences for illegal behaviour.
  2. Suicide threats/threats of violence: The admin at urban75 will always contact a poster's ISP if we think there's the remotest chance that they may come to harm/harm others.
  3. Privacy. Please respect people's privacy and refrain from posting up any personal details without their permission. Remember that anyone can read these boards so never give out any personal details you're uncomfortable sharing with the world and never take people at face value: there's some right dodgy types out there. Please notify the mods if you are being hassled. Do not piss about with user names or refer to people by their real names (unless they already appear in their user name, of course).
  4. Private Conversations (PCs). It is not acceptable to post up the contents of a private conversation on the boards. Anyone using the PC facility to send out abusive, threatening or spamming messages can expect a warning/ban. Please report dodgy PCs to the mods using the Report option under the PC.
  5. Cookies. See the Urban75 Cookies page for more info on the use of cookies on Urban75

Thanks for this information.

Can we delete this please.

Legal stuff and Privacy

Back
Top Bottom