Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Mad Max style vehicle in Coldharbour Lane!

Curious camera-laden vehicle spotted in Coldharbour Lane as filming takes place

Mad Max style vehicle in Coldharbour Lane!

Curious camera-laden vehicle spotted in Coldharbour Lane as filming takes place

Did you find out any more about wtf it is? It's either something BigTech and intrusive so should get molotoved, or it's a film unit scouting locations or doing additional shots

There was some kind of filming going on near the Brixton brewery arch on station road when I walked past around lunchtime.

It had the same set up on top of a normal plain black car today. Caught the motorcade coming down villa road and turning on brixton road heading towards the oval.

Crispy said

"It's for capturing a 360 view that can then be underlaid behind footage of actors inside a car, from any angle. "

Excellent. The Merc and taxi presumably have several uses - providing continuity, giving some buffer against outbreaks of uncontrolled traffic lunacy, and subliminally saying ‘London’ to audiences.

Two anti-tower Zoom meetings today

Two anti-tower Zoom meetings today

Unfortunately on same day. This will be avoided in future.

Is there any way of verifying this claim?

“On 8 January 1947 Elvis Presley celebrated his twelfth birthday and Stephen Hawking his fifth. In New York, Jackson Pollock made his first drip-painting. In London the day began with a portent, when freezing conditions caused the Lambeth Town Hall clock to strike thirteen times at midnight. Less than half a mile away, at 40 Stansfield Road, Brixton, Peggy Burns gave birth to a baby boy.”

spock-s-eyebrow-raise-o.gif

Great stuff - these are the SW9 squatters

Re black women squatters there is a historical perspective on Gal-Dem

with an interesting picture of the staircase of the squatted Clapham Police Station
image_6483441-1.jpg

Who is/was Nicholas Pegg - they need to state their sources. I bet this would spark an argument on Wikipedia.
BTW there is an interesting response on Reddit - William Hartnell - the first Dr Who - and Shirley Bassey also share that brithday, but not of course the birth date.

didn’t William Hartnell run a night club in Brixton close by where the old Canterbury arms stood ?

Kill the Bill protests should be just about to start in Windrush. Unfortunately I can't leave the house but hope it's a good turn out.

Kill the Bill protests should be just about to start in Windrush. Unfortunately I can't leave the house but hope it's a good turn out.

I joined the protest in Trafalgar Square, it was a good natured affair. At one point I thought it was headed back to brixton when we crossed vauxhall bridge, but ended up with a bit of a party with soundsystem in the pleasure gardens.

Back
Top Bottom