Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Let's hope they throw the book at the scumbag.
A man has been charged with causing the death of a woman who was hit by a car during a police pursuit.

Anisha Vidal-Garner, 20, from Epping, Essex, died at the scene of the crash in Brixton Hill, south London, on Wednesday night.

The Met Police previously said she had been hit by a car which sped off after officers signalled for it to stop.

Quincy Anyiam, 26, from Surrey, is due to appear at Croydon Magistrates' Court on Monday, the force said.

He is charged with causing death by dangerous driving, failing to stop at the scene of a road traffic collision, and dangerous driving, Scotland Yard said.

This just came in on my email

A new telecoms provider, G.Network, is planning to install new fibre broadband throughout Lambeth in 2020, starting with Coldharbour and Brixton Hill.

As part of this expansion plan, G.Network are hosting a drop in event next Tuesday, March 3 between 12pm and 8pm at
Lambeth Town Hall for residents and businesses.

At the event G.Network will be sharing the current upgrade plans for each ward as well as answering any questions around the installation process.

When is it? Drop in event hosted on the 3rd March between 12pm and 8pm - no need to book.
Where is it? Lambeth Town Hall, Brixton, London, SW2 1RW.

What can I expect at the event?
Find out more about the installation process and when this will be coming to your street.
Understand more about full fibre broadband and the differences between full fibre and existing copper cabling.

Register your interest with G.Network so that you can be kept up to date with the roll out plans.

Thank you,
Lambeth Communications Team

source: info@email.lambeth.gov.uk

So anyone know what GNetwork is, and how did they manage to get the council to advertise them?
They are definitely about - I saw this guy outside my place eyeing things up a few weeks ago, and thinking it was one of those dodgy estate agents who offer cash for your home I went out and asked what he was doing. He said they were surveying for a new cable network. installation in the street I told him I had Videotron installed, then disconnected back in the 1990s and he said, well its pretty much the same thing if you ask me.

A new telecoms provider, G.Network, is planning to install new fibre broadband throughout Lambeth in 2020, starting with Coldharbour and Brixton Hill.

As part of this expansion plan, G.Network are hosting a drop in event next Tuesday, March 3 between 12pm and 8pm at

At the event G.Network will be sharing the current upgrade plans for each ward as well as answering any questions around the installation process.

When is it? Drop in event hosted on the 3rd March between 12pm and 8pm - no need to book.

Find out more about the installation process and when this will be coming to your street.
Understand more about full fibre broadband and the differences between full fibre and existing copper cabling.

Register your interest with G.Network so that you can be kept up to date with the roll out plans.

Thank you,

So anyone know what GNetwork is, and how did they manage to get the council to advertise them?
They are definitely about - I saw this guy outside my place eyeing things up a few weeks ago, and thinking it was one of those dodgy estate agents who offer cash for your home I went out and asked what he was doing. He said they were surveying for a new cable network. installation in the street I told him I had Videotron installed, then disconnected back in the 1990s and he said, well its pretty much the same thing if you ask me.
Regading G,.Network, I don't think they will be trading as "ethical". If you delve back a year and a few months they had a number of Luxembourg directors - which to me suggests Amazon-style tax games. There was a trade journal article here: £60m for G.Networks Build of 1Gbps Broadband to 120,000 in London UPDATE - ISPreview UK

Thank you,

I was surprised to see this advert in my inbox too.

London focused UK ISP G.Networks and their investment partner Albion Capital have closed a new deal, which will result in Cube Infrastructure Managers (Cube IM) providing an “initial” £60m of additional funding to help roll-out FTTP “ultra-fast broadband” to serve 120,000 premises (“businesses and residents“)...

Nevertheless the ISP has still managed to bag another £60m of private investment via the Cube Infrastructure Fund II (Cube II) to help them “provide FTTP connectivity to more than 120,000 premises across London.” Interestingly the announcement also mentions residential connections for the first time.

Broadband on Brixton Hill is abysmal.

If this blog has any truth to it - they may find cabling the hill easier than imagined since it claims that Virgin have already done it and then forgotten about it.

There is also an old thread here:

Thank you,

I must say I was not pleased to get this email. Im signed up to receive Lambeth Council information.

I dont like getting advertising for private companies in my email inbox.

I thought it might be some kind of of social enterprise or Coop. But as you have shown its just the typical capitalist business.

Shows how New Labour this Council are that they think its ok to promote this business.

I use the Phone Coop btw.

I must say I was not pleased to get this email. Im signed up to receive Lambeth Council information.

I dont like getting advertising for private companies in my email inbox.

I thought it might be some kind of of social enterprise or Coop. But as you have shown its just the typical capitalist business.

Shows how New Labour this Council are that they think its ok to promote this business.

I use the Phone Coop btw.

So do we. They're nice but we had to report a fault recently and it took them 2.5 weeks to resolve so we're a bit pissed off as no internet.

So do we. They're nice but we had to report a fault recently and it took them 2.5 weeks to resolve so we're a bit pissed off as no internet.

I agree they are nice when Ive had a problem. But its hard to get it solved.

In my case the line outside my house is so old when it rains I get faults. The line outside comes under BT Openreach. That is the way it works.

They should reallly imo replace the whole cable. All they do is patch it up. Ive had not internet twice this winter. BT Openreach have patched it up twice.

What is worse is that Phone Coop cant send their workers. Outside it comes under BT. Who are shit.

The internet and landline infrastructure in this country is antiquated and not up to standard. Im sure the copper cable outsided my house hs been in place for decades.

We had a similar situation. The only take away I have is to call during the weekdays as they're much more able to problem solve with BT Openreach than they are after hours/weekend

We had a similar situation. The only take away I have is to call during the weekdays as they're much more able to problem solve with BT Openreach than they are after hours/weekend

The other thing is if you report a fault as it has to go to BT Openreach I have to agree if Openreach find fault on my side then BT will charge me.

It's bonkers.

The BT engineer who came to see me first time said there was fault outside ( water getting into cable) and fault in wiring just inside my window. He fixed both but told me he would not report the one inside my window as BT would charge me for it. Despite it being really old connection box probably put in before privatisation.

Last edited:
Is it related to that there Gmail/Google gang?

Was Videotron related to/ before NTL? i've still got a ntl email address - its retro now so some youngster told me.

I agree they are nice when Ive had a problem. But its hard to get it solved.

In my case the line outside my house is so old when it rains I get faults. The line outside comes under BT Openreach. That is the way it works.

They should reallly imo replace the whole cable. All they do is patch it up. Ive had not internet twice this winter. BT Openreach have patched it up twice.

What is worse is that Phone Coop cant send their workers. Outside it comes under BT. Who are shit.

The internet and landline infrastructure in this country is antiquated and not up to standard. Im sure the copper cable outsided my house hs been in place for decades.
Imagine how bad it would be if BT hadn’t been privatised!

On train outta Peckham Rye....grrrr....I've asked Southern to clean if off....

87269987_10157744082330937_2760156291778215936_o.jpg

Broadband on Brixton Hill is abysmal.

If this blog has any truth to it - they may find cabling the hill easier than imagined since it claims that Virgin have already done it and then forgotten about it.

There is also an old thread here:

We are bottom of Brixton Hill and are on a Hyperoptic trial which is giving a stable 1GBps. A dream after crap Virgin followed by crap BT Infinity.

Is it related to that there Gmail/Google gang?

Was Videotron related to/ before NTL? i've still got a ntl email address - its retro now so some youngster told me.
Gmail is nothing to do with G Network. Gmail is webmail provided by Google.
G Network is a new fibre optic cable internet supplier.
It appears that they operate, or will operate, in central London and parts of Lambwth.
As far as I can see their offer is ultra fast broadband without phone or cable TV.
Their pirces advertise on their website range from 30 tom 60 pounds per months depending on speed.

Presumably designed for people who don't want a landline, but are into gaming or HD TV delivered on the internet, such as Amazon Prime, Netflix etc.

Gmail is nothing to do with G Network. Gmail is webmail provided by Google.
G Network is a new fibre optic cable internet supplier.
It appears that they operate, or will operate, in central London and parts of Lambwth.
As far as I can see their offer is ultra fast broadband without phone or cable TV.
Their pirces advertise on their website range from 30 tom 60 pounds per months depending on speed.

Presumably designed for people who don't want a landline, but are into gaming or HD TV delivered on the internet, such as Amazon Prime, Netflix etc.
If I can switch from virgin then that’s great!

Back
Top Bottom