Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Going to be emergency pavement widening from KFC to Iceland. Bus stops moving out, being built up with tarmac for accessibility.

Can anyone confirm ?

Going to be emergency pavement widening from KFC to Iceland. Bus stops moving out, being built up with tarmac for accessibility.

Can anyone confirm ?
Blimey. Always thought it would be a relief to move the bus stops slightly out, even before CV.

Does the Roslyn stall selling patties, cakes and juice still operate from the normal pitch in electric avenue these days likewise ilia’s fish in Granville arcade , I am shopping away from the centre of town atm cos it’s less crowded but I am hanging for a patty and a nice bit of hake, don’t wanna schlep all the way up town for nothing tho’

I was in central Brixton yesterday. Went to Poundland. Its just not possible to do socially distanced shopping. Aisles to close together. Will be sticking to Sainsburys in Nine Elms and Acre lane Tescos.

I was in central Brixton yesterday. Went to Poundland. Its just not possible to do socially distanced shopping. Aisles to close together. Will be sticking to Sainsburys in Nine Elms and Acre lane Tescos.
I keep the mask firmly on when in Poundland and santise my hands as soon as I leave. I also try and go when there's no queue outside.

Does Tesco’s feel quite safe and people obeying the social distancing rules? It always seemed so frantic before all this I haven’t attempted to go.

A friend told me that they were in Brixton in a queue for shopping and a woman pushed behind him, banged on the closed shutters of a shop which briefly opened up to reveal a hairdresser's shop absolutely packed full of people.....

Yeah seen a couple of places doing this....

Does Tesco’s feel quite safe and people obeying the social distancing rules? It always seemed so frantic before all this I haven’t attempted to go.
The Tesco in Acre Lane had loads of space when I went a few days ago.

Reactions: ash

Its all very well organised now. Only let certain number in.Have spray to clean handles of trolleys.

The toilet roll madness has ended.

Eggs and flour go quicky. Often none left.

No baking powder or dried yeast at any time Ive been in.

For moment I use it instead of Brixton market shops. I had a look at market today and no social distancing.

Reactions: ash
Its all very well organised now. Only let certain number in.Have spray to clean handles of trolleys.

For moment I use it instead of Brixton market shops. I had a look at market today and no social distancing.
Thanks I will give it a go then

Macfarlanes on Abbeville Rd had lots of yeast last week if you are desparate.

Brixton history

A Brixton-bound No 3 bus gets stuck in VE Day crowds, 8th May 1945

Anyone see a car chase a couple of hours ago? A woman driving a little red Peugeot was fleeing the police. She nearly crashed in Rushcroft Road, just as I was about to cross it, and disappeared up Effra Road.

Apparently this pic is being used to depict Brixton station this morning with some fake new shit. Someone just sent it to me and asked if it was really like this in London.

No. The starbucks shut ages ago.

1589287225048.png

Some bloke on a bike and a megaphone flanked by three cars just went bellowing down Coldharbour Lane. Any idea what it was about?

They’re all wearing hats and winter clothes? How could that be interpreted as this morning?!
People are just looking at the crowd and the distance, they're not looking at the details. We take in what we are looking out for.

Edit: er, didn't mean that to sound quite as new age psydo-wisdom, man.

Back
Top Bottom