Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

£1,500 donated to local charities and campaigns with links to each donation page:

Thanks for supporting the Windmill 🤩
And a whole host of other amazing groups!

It's not just Brixton they are reducing to architectural mediocrity

The neon trees of Brixton Station Road

In photos: trees in a neon glow along Brixton Station Road

In photos: trees in a neon glow along Brixton Station Road

I know that the railways took liberties with naming Clapham Junction as that and not Battersea Junction, but that was more than a century and a half ago and I think it's time to acknowledge that for most people, Northcote Road and surrounds are definitely part of "Clapham".

I know that the railways took liberties with naming Clapham Junction as that and not Battersea Junction, but that was more than a century and a half ago and I think it's time to acknowledge that for most people, Northcote Road and surrounds are definitely part of "Clapham".
"I will heal their apostasy; I will love them freely, for my anger has turned from them." Hosea 14:4

Had my first visit to Brixton House this evening. I can thoroughly recommend this Alice in Wonderland

The old classic cleverly parachuted into Brixton and the Victoria Line. Some fantastic performances, not least Nkhanise Phiri as Alice. And the sound and light production was superb too.

The venue itself has a really relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Loved it.
We went last night. I agree with your review - Alice was amazing as were most of the cast. A great twist on the original. Not sure it worked for the younger kids in the audience!
The bar staff were quite amazingly chaotic- served a single whisky in a shot glass 🤣🤣 but maybe that was an Alice in wonderland thing ?!

Last edited:
We went last night. I agree with your review - Alice was amazing as were most of the cast. A great twist on the original. Not sure it worked for the younger kids in the audience!
The bar staff were quite amazingly chaotic- served a single whisky in a shot glass 🤣🤣 but maybe that was an Alice in wonderland thing ?!
Yep. The story went high over my youngster's head but he loved the spectacle. He was really excited for the second half to begin.

It's not the biggest news we've covered this year but it's really dangeroius for cyclists
There are water leaks and burst water mains all over London at the moment. One being repaired on Latchmere Road at the moment had actually lifted a good three metres of paving stones across the pavement. I guess it's all due to the recent sub-zero spell we had.

To be fair to to the Police here there was a problem with a group dealing on the ramp of the Rec and hanging around outside the shops under Rec.

Both shopkeepers and Rec mge wanted a bigger police presence in Brixton Station Road.

It was causing a lot of problems for shopkeepers and Rec.

View attachment 357865

The water leak on Coldharbour Lane seems to be getting very serious.
Yes saw that last night -at about 8:30pm - there was a Thames water truck and staff present but nothing happening.

It was bubbling up like a fresh water spring, in my tipsy state I woundered how long before we could start pilgrimages to experience the health blessings of the Brixton well.

There is a similar looking gush on Brixton Water Lane - but coming from a manhole cover.

Yes saw that last night -at about 8:30pm - there was a Thames water truck and staff present but nothing happening.

It was bubbling up like a fresh water spring, in my tipsy state I woundered how long before we could start pilgrimages to experience the health blessings of the Brixton well.

There is a similar looking gush on Brixton Water Lane - but coming from a manhole cover.

another holy well has popped up in north brixton outside one of the lexadon prperties...been pissing out since the big freeze.

Back
Top Bottom