Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

‘them‘ would have been better in the absence of stated preferences.
Yeah I get that and a fair point - just suspect they were being sarky and accusing me of being ‘woke’. Perhaps am over thinking - seemed a strange way to make the point if genuine.

This chap is often outside Tesco, his calligraphy looks impressive from a distance. I've been intrigued to speak to him on occasion but feel he would rather be left alone to do his thing.
...my limited experience of the guy makes me to think he’s not the chatty type, that said a few people have said I look intimidating 🤨

Do you have his permission to post his photo here? - seems a bit rude to intrude on his privacy and discuss him in this way - perhaps you should delete the photo.
...that’s a interesting take, I get the thing about privacy but it looks like the guy is not ashamed to pursue his craft in public, tbh I see this guy quite often and had to check twice to be sure it was him, and at least the poster is giving props rather than being judgemental or reductionist... anyway nuff precedents have been set on this board regarding street photography so why would this example be out of order....

Last edited:
This chap is often outside Tesco, his calligraphy looks impressive from a distance. I've been intrigued to speak to him on occasion but feel he would rather be left alone to do his thing.
Yes - I get the feeling he'd rather be left alone
...that’s a interesting take, I get the thing about privacy but it looks like the guy is not ashamed to pursue his craft in public, tbh I see this guy quite often and had to check twice to be sure it was him, and at least the poster is giving props rather than being judgemental or reductionist... anyway nuff precedents have been set on this board regarding street photography so why would this example be out of order....
I think the precedents depend entirely on who posts it would seem. One rule for one and one for another.

Mr paulee I didn't mean to stir up a row about rules. I just thought it seemed impolite chatting in a public forum about an individual who you say wants to be left alone.

Mr paulee I didn't mean to stir up a row about rules. I just thought it seemed impolite chatting in a public forum about an individual who you say wants to be left alone.

...in fact this is a good point, slightly mitigated by the fact the gentleman in question isn’t immediately recognisable and also this board doesn’t have the reach of other popular platforms like Brixton buzz, twitter or instagram....

Lots of Harley Davidsons chugging about this morning, this might signal the return oof the massive bike run that used to pass thru Brixton on this weekend pre covid, I hope so it was quite a spectacle , if they’re coming you’ll probably hear them before you see them....

Anyone tried the cafe at the new Brixton Theatre? Is it only for the theatre crowd or is it sort the place to meet for coffee?

Lots of Harley Davidsons chugging about this morning, this might signal the return oof the massive bike run that used to pass thru Brixton on this weekend pre covid, I hope so it was quite a spectacle , if they’re coming you’ll probably hear them before you see them....

...here they come !

someone on twitter.....

ididnt see any of that except someone got shouted at when they ran out in front of the bikes
...and loads of cops keeping an eye on things....

It's a Hell's Angels funeral

Yeah it was a funeral - saw the geese followed by tons of bikes. Took about 10mins to go through Brixton with police stopping pedestrians & cars. No agro at all that I saw.

sorry peeps the funeral thing has been confirmed, my bad, but I swear a ride out did take place annually on this very weekend.

Back
Top Bottom