Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Article on new Brixton Theatre & Hondo Tower in the Observer today.

Not a bad piece but shame it doesn’t mention how the development meant everyone who lived in Carlton Mansions was forced to move out by Lambeth.

Not a bad piece but shame it doesn’t mention how the development meant everyone who lived in Carlton Mansions was forced to move out by Lambeth.

To be fair to Oval House they had approached us some time before when they were looking for Sites. Did have "gentleman's" agreement we would move out when building was needed.

Oval House did take the trouble to contact us.

It was the Council who decided to get us all out. A part of Council had been trying unsuccessfully for years to do so. Stopped by our good relations with local Cllr (Rachel).

New local jobs alert!
Brixton Windmill (the historical building, not the pub!) is looking to recruit 2 new staff members
Centre Manager, 25 hours/week at £29.5k pro rata
Community Engagement Manager, 14 hours/week at £28k pro rata
Applications by CV and covering letter, deadline 25 March. More details in link.
☺️

Some fantastic photos here

01-Mebrakh-Houghton-Johnson-Michael-Wharley-2021.jpg

02-Misha-Mullov-Abbado-Michael-Wharley-2021.jpg

The murderer of the quad bike rider in a music video has admitted his guilt. Remanded for psychiatric reports. Teen admits killing man, 23, by stabbing him in the heart outside Tube station
I think he'll be looking forward to a long stretch at Her Majesty's pleasure.
Armed with a ‘big knife’, Brandon McNeil ran towards Mr. Jerome and stabbed him in the chest, piercing him through the heart.

The Old Bailey heard that he also bladed a second man on a quad bike that was also part of the convoy near Brixton tube station.

Despite efforts to save him, Jerome, from Thornton Heath, south London, was pronounced dead at the scene in July last year.

McNeil was identified by the palm print he left on the green Lamborghini and police later recovered “more than one large zombie-style knife” from his home.

I'm very much in favour of kink - by consenting adults in private. I find the use of brixton market in the daytime as a film set is really irrating. Those just passing by didn't give consent to be filmed.

I'm very much in favour of kink - by consenting adults in private. I find the use of brixton market in the daytime as a film set is really irrating. Those just passing by didn't give consent to be filmed.
Did you listen to the soundtrack? People clearly bemused if not shocked.

A bloke from Plaistow is up in court after the Weds street party

Local woman Natasha Agyekum has been sentenced to a 12-month community order with a supervision requirement and a 10-day rehabilitation requirement as a result of her involvement in the incident:

Woman who punched Met policeman in the face, ripped his shirt and scratched him in Brixton avoids jail

Reactions: CH1
Local woman Natasha Agyekum has been sentenced to a 12-month community order with a supervision requirement and a 10-day rehabilitation requirement as a result of her involvement in the incident:

Woman who punched Met policeman in the face, ripped his shirt and scratched him in Brixton avoids jail
Good to be updated - but it would be nice to hear what defence or mitigation was offered.
I guess many residents in Peckford Place had had enough, or the policed would not have been there.
I think there was a helicopter watching?

Back
Top Bottom