Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat - April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me started why they need to have their trousers round their bloody ankles. I'm sure they do it to annoy old farts like us. Well they got that righit bloody does. Arses my arse. They should be covered. And trousers pulled up to the waist - but not beyond. That is equally stupid.How and when did I turn into my dad (RIP),

saggy-pants-2-kids.jpg
fd390a4e85364fa4375519a69ddc413a--coup-detat-dapper-dan.jpg

It's amazing how quickly brands can lose their lustre.

yeah ask Gerald Ratner ;

“ We also do cut-glass sherry decanters complete with six glasses on a silver-plated tray that your butler can serve you drinks on, all for £4.95. People say, "How can you sell this for such a low price?", I say, "because it's total crap."

Don't get me started why they need to have their trousers round their bloody ankles. I'm sure they do it to annoy old farts like us. Well they got that righit bloody does. Arses my arse. They should be covered. And trousers pulled up to the waist - but not beyond. That is equally stupid.How and when did I turn into my dad (RIP),

saggy-pants-2-kids.jpg
I now have this problem since buying 2 pairs of Lidl "skinny jeans" @ £6.99

Whereas I thought I had a bargain, it turns out to be a nightmare. Every time I go down the stairs in a bus I have to pull up the trues in order not to be caught in indecent exposure. It's the cut. These jeans are clearly designed to pull themselves down to the ankles.

I understand the style is a response to the need to have quick access for nefarious purposes in American prisons - and has now spread to the UK via Lidl executives watching RAP videoz.

All I can say is next time I buy trousers it's Marks & Sparx for me!

I now have this problem since buying 2 pairs of Lidl "skinny jeans" @ £6.99

Whereas I thought I had a bargain, it turns out to be a nightmare. Every time I go down the stairs in a bus I have to pull up the trues in order not to be caught in indecent exposure. It's the cut. These jeans are clearly designed to pull themselves down to the ankles.

I understand the style is a response to the need to have quick access for nefarious purposes in American prisons - and has now spread to the UK via Lidl executives watching RAP videoz.

All I can say is next time I buy trousers it's Marks & Sparx for me!

or the back pages of the Daily Mail (obviously not) or these - whilst a spoof I'd buy them. Apropos the 'yoof' wearing said apparel I have to suprress an overwhelming desire to stop them and say "excuse me , you may not have noticed but your trousers are falling down" - and then run like the clappers. When the old marbles start to go I might need to stay indoors tapping away on the internet rather than roaming free range.

Screen-Shot-2015-10-08-at-09.46.33.png

Reactions: CH1
Apropos the 'yoof' wearing said apparel I have to suprress an overwhelming desire to stop them and say "excuse me, you may not have noticed but your trousers are falling down"
Screen-Shot-2015-10-08-at-09.46.33.png
Had you noticed this week's apparently similar Lidl specials? - alleged work-wear with elasticated waistband.

I'm a bit sceptical about the workwear bit. I've invested in both trousers and shorts. There seems to be a bit of "knee pull" on the shorts but I doubt this is sufficient to produce the builders bum one so often sees with modern skinny-cut jeans. Ideal for the Proms season (if you'd been you'd know what I mean!)
Elasticated tool-holding trousers.jpg

Rat Records in camberwell is also putting on an event

SPECIAL GUEST DJ BILLY NASTY FOR THE BIGGEST DAY OF THE YEAR IN OUR CALENDAR-ABSOLUTELY HUGE SELECTION OF SECOND HAND RECORDS COMING OUT, OUR BIGGEST AND BEST NEW IN EVER - HALF FROM ONE OF THE BEST INDIE ROCK COLLECTION WE EVER PURCHASED: CHECK THE PHOTO ALBUM FOR SNEAK PEEK AND STOCK UPDATES : Rat Records
ALSO
http://www.ratrecordsuk.net/rat-records-events.html

GUEST DJ'S : DAVE AARDVARK 10.30 - 1PM
BILLY NASTY : 1PM - 3PM
SEAN DIXON : 3PM - 5PM

And blimey there was big queue outside Market House and the Prince of Wales last night. Albert was a bit dead - it's never got its vibe back since that awful refurb that leaves DJs isolated in a really silly mega-booth.

2017-04-22_211606.jpg

And blimey there was big queue outside Market House and the Prince of Wales last night. Albert was a bit dead - it's never got its vibe back since that awful refurb that leaves DJs isolated in a really silly mega-booth.

View attachment 105033
My parents in their 70s use it before films at the ritzy and even they were....WTF have they done? They said it was one of the few pubs around that they LOVED. Sad.

My parents in their 70s use it before films at the ritzy and even they were....WTF have they done? They said it was one of the few pubs around that they LOVED. Sad.
The official website (which I'm sure is run by the parent brewery and as unrepresentative as it could be) is cringeworthy enough...

Prince Albert - Brixton

I love the 'book a table' feature. I wonder if it gets much use :D

saggy-pants-2-kids.jpg
Someone at work was wearing a belt with braces.

Had you noticed this week's apparently similar Lidl specials? - alleged work-wear with elasticated waistband.

I'm a bit sceptical about the workwear bit. I've invested in both trousers and shorts. There seems to be a bit of "knee pull" on the shorts but I doubt this is sufficient to produce the builders bum one so often sees with modern skinny-cut jeans. Ideal for the Proms season (if you'd been you'd know what I mean!)
View attachment 104997

They look....ok and are probably hugely practical (hence you have 'invested' and not merely 'bought' ) and hard wearing which is the point and beauty of the Great Lidl. There doesn't seem to be a male equivalent of male fashion models accesorising budget clothes to create a al la mode 'look' in the same way that Topshop and the like seem to have wide acceptance in female fashion circles. And as such wearing Lidl is exactly that wearing Lidl - nothing contemporary of ironic about it. Not sure I'm ready for that big leap just yet....;) But pioneers like yourself are paving the way for greater acceptance down the line.

That's scary shit, bunch of idiots. Great news for those people who are pushing the 'no licenses for dancehall music' agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom