Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least the new iphone one is an attractive picture of a famous building. It could be much more ugly than that!

I've rescued a Boris Bike from the street drinkers. Will I get a reward?
showbiz-gq-men-of-the-year-awards-10.jpg

I was at the farmer's market just now and Mr Boarstall Meats was telling me how gutted they were that it's closing and how they'd like to find another site. It's Not the number of customers that's the problem for them but Lambeth has decreed there aren't enough stalls paying them rent.

Anyway, I was suggesting Pop Brixton to them and then it occurred to me that the new Granville space on Somerleyton might be good. As if by magic, the lady who runs that space appeared, and offered to save the market. So fingers crossed. :)

So if they are getting the arse early, who then has come in and offered a bigger return to Lambeth then? I'd often pick a few things up on the way through on Sundays. Hopefully they continue on in Brixton elsewhere

Sad to see another fucking huge ugly advert is covering the front of the old Woolworths building again.
View attachment 71816
I'd prefer it with out ads too, but the photo of Golden Gate bridge is quite good though - set me off thinking about San Francisco, naked sunbathing on the beach with that view, Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City and The Planet of the Apes movie (- where the apes escape across the bridge to the redwood forests on the other side and beat the police trying to stop them.) Gave me lots to think about on the bus this morning.

Didn't even notice what it's an ad for. (Please don't tell me, I don't want to know and I'll be going past it every morning)

Not Brixton, but the Camberwell Arms has been shortlisted for best new restaurant by the Evening Standard. I love that place.

That might explain why there were a lot of police officers in Brixton this afternoon. I think I counted 10.

Just had phone snatched out of my hand at Stockwell Avenue (?), the passageway behind the post office towards the skate park. My own fault for having it in my hand like a kite. But feel quite shook up. Luckily no-one hurt.

sorry that happened to you. happened to a mate about 13 years ago - same passage. Not your fault though.
Thank you. I feel very small and sad. Not about the phone per say, whatever, it's insured anyway, just about the encounter. Lucky it wasn't anything violent though!

Thank you. I feel very small and sad. Not about the phone per say, whatever, it's insured anyway, just about the encounter. Lucky it wasn't anything violent though!

Did you not have any tracking software installed? Or alternatively, you could use the built in (basic) tracking options that android / apple offer, assuming you have either of these types of phones.

Really sorry to hear that. I know exactly how you feel. I got mugged in that exact alley and felt really small after. I was punched several times and my gf had her head smacked into the pavement. We were both ok but felt helpless. It all happened in a flash. Best thing is not to dwell on it. Idiots.

A Safe Place to Belong is a short film that looks at the work of Ebony Horse Club, a community riding centre in Brixton. For more information or to donate please go to ebonyhorseclub.org.uk

Just had phone snatched out of my hand at Stockwell Avenue (?), the passageway behind the post office towards the skate park. My own fault for having it in my hand like a kite. But feel quite shook up. Luckily no-one hurt.
Shit. That's terrible. Don't blame yourself though - it happens to loads of people. Do you need to borrow a phone?

Sorry to hear that DietCokeGirl - it's a shitty thing to happen. If there's owt I can do etc...

A bit of a long shot, but does anyone know of anywhere in Brixton that will shred a load of paper? Got a massive stack of old bills etc that's out of control and I'm not sure what to do with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom