Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you not have any tracking software installed? Or alternatively, you could use the built in (basic) tracking options that android / apple offer, assuming you have either of these types of phones.
I don't know.....not very clever with these things. It's been reported, anyway.

Really sorry to hear that. I know exactly how you feel. I got mugged in that exact alley and felt really small after. I was punched several times and my gf had her head smacked into the pavement. We were both ok but felt helpless. It all happened in a flash. Best thing is not to dwell on it. Idiots.
Bloody hell, that sounds awful, poor you and gf.

A bit of a long shot, but does anyone know of anywhere in Brixton that will shred a load of paper? Got a massive stack of old bills etc that's out of control and I'm not sure what to do with them.
Buy one in Argos, you will then realise how much you have to shred and wonder how you lived without it. Or use fire!

Nothing like starting off the day by having to ask a couple of crackheads (very politely) not to light up on your doorstep ... again ... :( ... then getting the "hey, sweetheart ... hey, hey ... YOU STUCK UP BITCH" treatment from a smackhead outside drugwork centre a few steps later ... :mad:. But the sun is shining and there's stuff to do, so I'll just moan about it on here for 1minute then get on with stuff. Really sorry to hear about the phone DietCokeGirl

A Safe Place to Belong is a short film that looks at the work of Ebony Horse Club, a community riding centre in Brixton. For more information or to donate please go to ebonyhorseclub.org.uk

Lovely video. I consider myself very lucky to live in the block right beside this club. It's really nice to be woken up by horses neighing when I leave my bedroom window open.

Nothing like starting off the day by having to ask a couple of crackheads (very politely) not to light up on your doorstep ... again ... :( ... then getting the "hey, sweetheart ... hey, hey ... YOU STUCK UP BITCH" treatment from a smackhead outside drugwork centre a few steps later ... :mad:. But the sun is shining and there's stuff to do, so I'll just moan about it on here for 1minute then get on with stuff. Really sorry to hear about the phone DietCokeGirl
we have similar with people jacking up on ours and in retaliation for being asked (politely) not to do that here they leave their used needles and crap on the doorstep - at times it strains my compassion for their situation!

Sorry to hear that DietCokeGirl - it's a shitty thing to happen. If there's owt I can do etc...

A bit of a long shot, but does anyone know of anywhere in Brixton that will shred a load of paper? Got a massive stack of old bills etc that's out of control and I'm not sure what to do with them.

As advised, Argos, make sure it's a cross shredder.

footballerslegs - can't you burn all the old bills? nothing as satisfying as watching a load of old paper going up in smoke, especially when they're records of all the stuff you've had to cough up for... (but obviously you need outside space for it - sorry if this isn't an option.)

Unfortunately there's no outdoor space, and a window sill bonfire might raise a few eyebrows, even down Stockwell. We've got a small shredder at the moment but it rattles and makes a burning smell if you do more than a couple of bits at a time. Maybe it's time to upgrade (or go paperless).

From last night:

girl-in-a-tree-helicopter-1.jpg

Brixton helicopters, fire engines and police assist a girl stuck in a tree

Our residents' association CCTV has several times caught an ID theft gang taking away rubbish sacks on bin night.

I tear off the address and account details from incriminating documents and recycle the remainder.

Our residents' association CCTV has several times caught an ID theft gang taking away rubbish sacks on bin night.

I tear off the address and account details from incriminating documents and recycle the remainder.
**Digs out shredder from shed.**

[...] does anyone know of anywhere in Brixton that will shred a load of paper? Got a massive stack of old bills etc that's out of control and I'm not sure what to do with them.
This company does home visits: www.shredonsite.co.uk

minimum visit charge is £70.00 + vat for 150kg (about 15 boxes).

Have you tried putting them through the washing machine?

An FoI has shown that the current level of debt that Lambeth Council has is an astonishing half a billion pounds. This is rising each year. Interest rate in PFI payments alone stand at over £13m a year.

Over a third of Council Tax money is spent on servicing this debt, rather than going towards public services.

BBuzz piece.

An FoI has shown that the current level of debt that Lambeth Council has is an astonishing half a billion pounds. This is rising each year. Interest rate in PFI payments alone stand at over £13m a year.

Over a third of Council Tax money is spent on servicing this debt, rather than going towards public services.

BBuzz piece.

Banging on about public borrowing, that piece reads like the Mail.

Banging on about public borrowing, that piece reads like the Mail.
Cllr Graham Pycock (who did the FOI request) is leader of the Tory opposition group in Lambeth is he not?

More interesting to me - the debt of both Lambeth and Southwark was always said to be £900 million or so for each borough back in the 1990s.

Does this mean that Lambeth (which party?) had sorted some of the debt out?

Furthermore the interest rate on the debt now is minuscule compared to the 1990s. I would say whoever is running the council has nothing to worry about - unless this era of free money comes to an end - surely something the present government will do everything possible to avoid.

The most disturbing thing about the whole affair is this:

Why does the Tory opposition leader have to do an FOI to get information which should be publicly available - especially to councillors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom