Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - May 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
brixton-thunderstorm-01.jpg

brixton-thunderstorm-05.jpg

More: http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2014/05/brixton-gets-drenched-in-a-lively-may-thunderstorm/

Saw some terrible road rage this morning between a bicycle and a No37 bus.
Bus was driving just inches away from the cycle, right up the cyclists arse who was shouting 'back off'. Eventually the cyclist stopped in the middle of the road, banged like hell on the bus front window and gave the driver some very loud verbal abuse, then he stayed there holding up traffic for a several minutes. It looked very angry for a while.

Anyone know what the fireworks are towards elephant?

I know it's not Brixton but does anyone know what the massive fireworks display on the Thames by Waterloo bridge was in aid of.I thought the revolution had arrived for a mo.

The only info I can find is a notice to mariners to say the river is closed from Waterloo to Blackfriars.

Appears to be connected to the opening of Miss Saigon,whatever that is,play musical some such.

Thought it sounded so loud, like heavy artillery - could feel the vibrations through the floor. Thought someone had started a war...

What were the doing making such a racket, so late on a weeknight? How did they get permission for that?

Thought it sounded so loud, like heavy artillery - could feel the vibrations through the floor. Thought someone had started a war...

What were the doing making such a racket, so late on a weeknight? How did they get permission for that?
The poor leading girl was getting a slating today. I felt very sorry for her. All about her physical appearance and her costume. Kiri Te Kanawa was on R4 advising her not to read the press.

The poor leading girl was getting a slating today. I felt very sorry for her. All about her physical appearance and her costume. Kiri Te Kanawa was on R4 advising her not to read the press.

That was about one of the lead singers in Der Rosenklavier at Glyndebourne rather than Miss Saigon. I've got a few mates who are pro and semi-pro classical singers and it would be fair to say a lot of them are fucking livid

That was about one of the lead singers in Der Rosenklavier at Glyndebourne rather than Miss Saigon. I've got a few mates who are pro and semi-pro classical singers and it would be fair to say a lot of them are fucking livid
Oh! I was still dozing whilst listening. It was quite surreal.

Oh! I was still dozing whilst listening. It was quite surreal.

TBH I probably wouldn't have picked up what it was about was I not already aware of the story as the reviews were actually earlier in the week and a lot of my friends have been kicking off about it. It was the Telegraph's reviewer who was most unpleasant, but actually most of the reviewers were shitty about her looks :mad: Unsurprisingly all the reviewers were men.

TBH I probably wouldn't have picked up what it was about was I not already aware of the story as the reviews were actually earlier in the week and a lot of my friends have been kicking off about it. It was the Telegraph's reviewer who was most unpleasant, but actually most of the reviewers were shitty about her looks :mad: Unsurprisingly all the reviewers were men.
Men, eh?! ;)

As long as you're on your way home and not out it can be really fun :)
The rain and hail started just as I topped up my Oyster. Loads of twits blocking the top of stairs as they sheltered. :mad:

Getting soaked right through everything was bad enough, but this was cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom