Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - May 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brixton is SW9 the others are Brixton Hill wannabes.:mad:
It really doesn't matter, who cares about a postcode?

Does it matter that the town hall & the council offices are in SW2? Of course not.

Does it matter that Foxton's favourite new development "Brixton" Square is in SW9? Don't be silly.

SW9 is just as much Brixton as all the places that are actually in Brixton, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! :cool:

It really doesn't matter, who cares about a postcode?

Does it matter that the town hall & the council offices are in SW2? Of course not.

Does it matter that Foxton's favourite new development "Brixton" Square is in SW9? Don't be silly.

SW9 is just as much Brixton as all the places that are actually in Brixton, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! :cool:
That would be Lambeth town hall and some of its offices.I give you from that Brixtonish site Urban:brixton_t-shirts.gif

Peanut Monkey BoxRoom Miss-Shelf mxh DJWrongspeed

Please note- The latest 'Brixton News, Rumour and General Chat Thread Piss Up' is taking place on the evening of the 22nd May 2014 in the front room at the Effra Social. Be there or be a be a hipster twonk.

Seriously, it’s going to be fucking mental etc.

x (where applicable)

I won't be able to get there until about 9 (don't finish work until 7.30 and have to go and vote too) but will get there. I won't know anyone so be prepared for someone who looks a bit lost.

<snip> Skin So Soft smells nice - I heard on radio4 that the US army uses it.
Maybe they do. I'm even prepared to believe that it works - I've certainly heard of American civilians using it in the summer. The trouble is that not everyone likes the smell of lavender, and it tastes disgusting. This might not sound like a problem, until social kissing is involved, or you decide to lick your fingers after finishing a sandwich etc.

Skin So Soft smells nice - I heard on radio4 that the US army uses it.
This is a myth or at least part-myth that has been going around for decades, including in the midge-ridden parts of Scotland. Even if the army does use it, any proper tests done on it seem to indicate that it is fairly much ineffective.

This isn't the first, several posters have spoken about other, previous meets at this venue.

That's a really odd postcode boundary. Does anyone know how/why they are established?

Isn't it? I demand answers.

Look at Ballater rd - where my friends have always claimed they were in Clapham, but they are not. While other friends, across the road, and therefore nearer to Brixton, apparently are!

Just in case anybody thought I was serious about the postcode wars,I'm not,in fact I live on the south bank and see my area as north Brixton.

Reminder-
Let's make May's Brixton news, rumour and general chat the happiest, huggiest thread of 2014 :).
x

515EYASEGZL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

There should be some sort of election theme especially what with it being election day and in former Tory party HQ. We could all burn our polling cards in front of each other. Out the front of course, we wouldn't want to do that in the building.

That's a really odd postcode boundary. Does anyone know how/why they are established?

It's just divvying up the work of delivering mail I think. The number allocates which office is responsible.

With the exception of 1 it then goes alphabetically. SW2 Brixton, SW3 Chelsea, SW4 Clapham etc.

It's just divvying up the work of delivering mail I think. The number allocates which office is responsible.

With the exception of 1 it then goes alphabetically. SW2 Brixton, SW3 Chelsea, SW4 Clapham etc.
yeah, but look at Solon road. It goes SW2, SW4, SW2 then SW4 again. there must be a reason, but what is it? Similar wobble in the boundary near Clapham North tube station.

Google maps might not be bang on accurate either so maybe in reality Solon road isn't quite so bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom