Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that the growing popularity of Brixton - and the resultant Camden-esque increased vibrancy - has resulted in arguments between buskers at the official pitch outside the station becoming increasingly common.

Brindisa is getting a Ham Bar. I rather hoped it would be a place where extravagant actors down on their luck got drunk but it's just a load of meat.

Anyone tried a takeaway fish and chips from that new Hip Hop Chip Shop place? I read a good review of the dine-in side of the operation so I went to the takeaway window with high hopes. I ordered cod and chips but was given plaice. Didn't find out til I got home. And they tried to stiff me on the change twice - I'm sure it wasn't an oversight, they knew what they were doing. It was late on a Saturday so they probably assumed I was drunk and could therefore be thoroughly fucked over. Worst of all was that everything was soaked in fat. I was so hungry I ate the lot but the fat nearly had me heaving later. It was easily the worst fish and chip experience of my entire life. I hope it was just a blip - please somebody tell me how wonderful it was for them. I would love to have good fish and chips on my doorstep.

Anyone tried a takeaway fish and chips from that new Hip Hop Chip Shop place? I read a good review of the dine-in side of the operation so I went to the takeaway window with high hopes. I ordered cod and chips but was given plaice. Didn't find out til I got home. And they tried to stiff me on the change twice - I'm sure it wasn't an oversight, they knew what they were doing. It was late on a Saturday so they probably assumed I was drunk and could therefore be thoroughly fucked over. Worst of all was that everything was soaked in fat. I was so hungry I ate the lot but the fat nearly had me heaving later. It was easily the worst fish and chip experience of my entire life. I hope it was just a blip - please somebody tell me how wonderful it was for them. I would love to have good fish and chips on my doorstep.
If you want decent fish & ships, don't waste your money with that fake hip-hop black heroes bullshit (run by Shoreditch estate agents). Get down to Jimmy's Plaice and support a local business that serves fucking ace chips at normal prices. Brixton Rock is supposed to be good too.

What has happened to the side of Boots, on Electric Avenue there's a bloody big hole, roughly boarded up ? Either they planning a new window or door or has a lorry just run into it with great force.

If it was soaked with fat, they're cooking at too low a temperature and not sealing the batter quickly enough. An amateur mistake.

.... So in the end we went to the Lounge.

It was alright. My vegi sausages were a bit lumpy due to unmashed beans and chickpeas- I think it was supposed to be 'artisinal'.

Thanks for the suggestion.
I like the Lounge and really respect the couple behind it: they took a massive risk when they first opened up, but I really think they're in need of a reboot/rebrand.

I assume they are "Brixton" though - god forbid they are not?

Anyway - who get to decide this stuff..surely.it should be people born in the area rather than Welsh newb'sie eh?

I hate incomers!

Looking for a spare room for a refugee.

Syrian man who has spent 7 months (!) in the jungle and has crossed. He doesn't speak much English and has been through a lot so it would be great if he could stay here in London close to a large group of friends who have all crossed- they will teach him English for a start! The NASS people will send him somewhere random up north in his own.

Can anyone help? Needs to have an address the home office can send letters to so has to be legit, not a squat or sub let or anything
Pm me if you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom