Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the Bowie memorial service this morning at the Effra Road chapel.

Was well organised and not over-long at 35 minutes. A live band performed favourite Bowie numbers including Starman, Golden Years etc. and we were invited to sing along (with printed words provided).

After the service there was a reception in the church hall with nibbles and bubbly.

The church was pretty full and attendance was quite varied. Could have been mistaken for a Save our Libraries event. Nice they did something like this in Brixton to recognise people's feelings. More enjoyable than my normal Sunday fare would have been (a lecture on the Brain and Consciousness at the Conway Hall) - even if less informative.

Still sometimes the heart has to take precedence over the head.

Just got another press release from an upmarket PR company telling me that Barrio Brixton will be opening up next month on Acre Lane.

barrio-brixton.jpg

Barrio Brixton Latin-themed bar to open up in Acre Lane next month

Just got another press release from an upmarket PR company telling me that Barrio Brixton will be opening up next month on Acre Lane.

barrio-brixton.jpg

Barrio Brixton Latin-themed bar to open up in Acre Lane next month
What is a Latin "Craft" beer?
As it happens according to the FT small craft beer outfits are struggling due to a bad UK hop harvest. This compounded by earlier bad hop conditions in the USA resulting in the US craft beer sector buying forward contracts on Kentish hops (I kid you not) Craft breweries scramble for hops after poor harvest - FT.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom