Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're clearing that strip of Trafalgar Sq of buskers, so they'll all no doubt levitate their way to the No. 3 bus stop and head south.

I did not know about this.

There are several buskers and also people who do chalk pictures.

They arent causing any harm.

I am a bit tired of seeing living statues of Star Wars. But each to his own.

The living statues are now in Piccadilly Circus.

We'll soon have lines of Yodas joining the chuggers. It'll be like the West End.

streetperformers1702a.jpg
The gold guy is letting the side down by not camouflaging the base of his stand well enough. The Levitation Circle will have him for giving the game away!

I think you're all being really harsh to the living statues.
Presumably it's because you missed the completely brilliant documentary that was on Channel 4 last year called The Romanians are Coming, where you'd have learnt what it's like for instance to be London's rubbishest Charlie Chaplin, the worst of seven I think he was. It's not necessarily a first choice career move is all I'm saying, it's something where you don't have to know much English etc.
Ah! It's still there. Honestly, it's beautiful (3 parts, I think the Charlie Chaplins & yodas are in the middle episode). The Romanians Are Coming

edit: Here's the darker side of the story, courtesy of DM: The yodas are all part of a gang, bussed in from caravan parks in Essex every morning etc. Yoda Wars in Trafalgar Square between Romanian street performers

Last edited:
Those Charlie Chaplins are always hassling tourists in Westminster. They hunt in packs, like the velociraptor in Jurassic Park. There's even a female Charlie Chaplin every now and again.

I think you're all being really harsh to the living statues.
Presumably it's because you missed the completely brilliant documentary that was on Channel 4 last year called The Romanians are Coming, where you'd have learnt what it's like for instance to be London's rubbishest Charlie Chaplin, the worst of seven I think he was. It's not necessarily a first choice career move is all I'm saying, it's something where you don't have to know much English etc.
Ah! It's still there. Honestly, it's beautiful (3 parts, I think the Charlie Chaplins & yodas are in the middle episode). The Romanians Are Coming

edit: Here's the darker side of the story, courtesy of DM: The yodas are all part of a gang, bussed in from caravan parks in Essex every morning etc. Yoda Wars in Trafalgar Square between Romanian street performers
I first came across this phenomenon in the Pizza Navona in Rome at least 10 years ago. The image trending at that time was Egyptian gods, though I see that now in Rome it's all got more interactive, and presumably remunerative:

There was another amazing night at the Prince of Wales tonight. After the demise of the Queen's Head it's the best Brixton's got on a Thursday, IMO.

So great to see such a mixed crowd enjoying live music.

5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom