Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think not bothering is just as valid. A low turnout reduces legitimacy.

Then they just say the people are apathetic - when I'm anything but, I'm mad as hell at them. I'm still voting or writing 'none of the above' or 'women died for this' on my ballot paper. I know it doesn't change much, but its my small gesture, its my right.

Not sure why elections mean children are booted out of school for the day, I think parents should 'fine' the govt for holding elections in term time.

It shows interest / intent, as opposed to all the votes that don't get cast because people can't be arsed to walk to the polling station or whatever. If you know of a better alternative, I'm open to suggestions.

I think not bothering is just as valid. A low turnout reduces legitimacy.
Dexter Deadwood is correct.

There is no point in spoiling your paper. You might as well not bother turning up.

Then they just say the people are apathetic - when I'm anything but, I'm mad as hell at them. I'm still voting or writing 'none of the above' or 'women died for this' on my ballot paper. I know it doesn't change much, but its my small gesture, its my right.

Not sure why elections mean children are booted out of school for the day, I think parents should 'fine' the govt for holding elections in term time.

On Brixton Hill, I note that Corpus Christi are never asked to give up their school. Sudbourne always is

I think what friendofdorothy said sums it up nicely - there's always the whole 'Low turn out, people don't care, how can we make politics more exciting and/or simple for the public' debates after a low turn out. But I understand, and I really, really, really care.
I think we all feel the same, it's just that spoiling the ballot paper is a complete waste of time unless you are intent on saying something to the one person who counts your vote.

Didn't 127 shut down about 10 years ago? Is it really still there? No idea what juniors place is.

My late night drinking days are few and far between these days -
127 alive and well - again - presume new managers, its got a licence now and a rope outside and everything
Juniors = the Circle offy (Dulwich Rd) - not a bar - just Juniors mates keeping him company, he is a nice man.

I think we all feel the same, it's just that spoiling the ballot paper is a complete waste of time unless you are intent on saying something to the one person who counts your vote.
Spoiled ballots are counted and recorded though. Imagine returning a vote where the majority was spoiled. That sends a stronger message than not turning up.

I'm in Coldharbour Ward but what does that mean in European terms, South London? I can't find the constituency and i'm not stupid :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom